I need a name and a bloodline

Beornling 3.1415

well basically after painting two out of my small fleet of Landspeeders, setting up my "vet. squad" as an elite powersword and bolt or plas pistol equiped close combat force. (using the Lizard man bits), using more lizard bits for plating on the speeders, and for heardy, converting the libby's cloth into a jaguar pelt, and working out the basic orange and white paint sceme along with spot patterns.

I'm using a feathered serpent motif for the landspeeders (green body, white wings, and using ultra fine (.1mm) hard felt tip pens to draw scales, feathers, a reptillian "eye" on each side, and painting the guidance vane blood red with another lizard bit on top of the search light (so that it looks like an extended tung).

I've got my doctirine down (see but no seen, stealthy attack, tank hunter and infiltrate for the devestator squads), using the speeders as close air support. I've created their homeworld as being full of ruins of those anchient xenos that created the slaan/lizardmen. I've got regular foes here in Yosemite (1k sons, black legion, and Necrons, along with one guy playing ECs)

I can't figure out bloodline (who they are descended from)

or a good name.

sorry for my spelling

Hmmm. It doesn't really matter what geneseed you use.

Ultra is common

Fists can't spit acid or hibernate

Blood Angels - Rage

Raven Guard - Albino

White Scars - Seems normal

Salamanders - normal

I would perhaps use white scars just for variety.

As for names perhaps look for similar names amongst the Lizardman range :)

well since my force is mostly infiltrate and dismounted, and using 3 speeders as the only vehicles, wilst turning the elite "vet squad" into an assault squad from heck, I'm wondering if any chapters have special rules that would allow me more of the rapid deploy assulty with lizard bits, and more speeders for close air support. Since under escalation I can Deep strike both the Vets with jump packs, and the speeders.

Sounds like Raven Guard but geneseed only portrays genetic stuff while training is what defines their combat doctrine.

So Geneseed is perhaps eye colour, hair, mutations, while being trained by Raven guard would teach them infiltration etc.

How about Salamanders, given the lizard influences?  The traits are quite different, but they could still take on the darker skin tones etc.

I didn't think the Salamanders have enough genestock for a successor. Being they only have seven companies. I could be wrong.

Have you looked into Aztec or Mayan books for inspiriation for a name? Though I would not go for one of their long names. It'll get truncated.

Belial out.

What traits did you choose specifically? Since they're not heavy on fast attack, I guess we can't go with WHite scars, though they would fit the totemic nature (eagle warriors, jaguar warriors) of many Aztec units. The tendency of the Aztecs to use bloody rituals and human sacrifice, however, says Blood Angels to me. I don't have all my Meso-American anthropology books here, or that would help, but I bet you can find a celver way to incorprate the black rage....maybe they picked it up from conquistadors? -_-

Names, however, are another matter. The Aztecs mythology is a rich one, but Nahuatl is a very tricky language as far as pronunciations go. Try doing some research, though, and see if you can't find a god or animal in their mythology that inspires you. Maybe the English name would work.

The Salamanders have seven companies because of the seven major settlements on Nocturne. Each of their seven companies are larger than those in a traiditional ten-company chapter.

It's theorised that many chapters, including but not limited to the Black Dragons and the Storm Giants, are Salamander successors.

Also, whilst talking of blood rituals, don't forget that the White Scars themselves have some quite bloody rituals - that's why they have extensive facial scars. Because they took a knife and scarred themselves, before rubbing ash from the camp fires into the open wounds.

As for names, if you're doing something particularly aztec, consider something like '(Animal) Warriors' - the animal you choose is up to you. Or, considering the feathering on your landspeeders, something like Jade Falcons/Eagles would be equally opportune.

You could try the "Feathered Snakes" as that is what one of their main gods was called (something like Quaziteitl or something -_- ). As for seed, unless your wanting the gene-seed to play any part in your fluff just go Ultramarine. It doesnt really add much to your chapter, but it doesnt make your chapter one of the sterio-typical succesor chapters.

Ferrata

That's Quetzalcoatl . Though personally, Feathered Serpents would perhaps be better. Snakes conjure images of deceit and trickery

I was close -_- Feathered Serpents does sound better

Ferrata

actually the Landspeeders are already painted in a green and white scheme, if I could afford a T-hawk it would get the same Feathered Serpent or Coutl paint job.

The primary ground troops have the jaguar or Tezcat. paint job, since their inspiration is the god of deception, War and stealth also known as "Dark Quetzcoutl" the sun disk, also represent the Emperor, thus all of their flying craft have that paint sceme. Mind you Ultras would be fitting in a way. Back when I was in college we had a lot of Ultra beekies, that got converted to the original jaguar knights.

on the vehicles it's a mix of scaly and dark angel with scales drawn on, the underside it's a mix of scaly and orky/snot green.

hmmm...

Purhaps emerald green on the eye shields and the trim., as the original plan was to make the ground troops the Jaguar aspect, wilst the close air support and assualt marines would be the Eagle/Feathered serpent aspect.

Hmm for a name,why not use Jaguars in it. I no that Mayans were obsessed with this animal, since it was the most dangerous animal in the area.

a few names ive come up with:

Jaguars of the Sun

Jaguars of Azatlan (mythical homeland for the Aztecs)

Herons of the Sun ('Aztec' {origin of the word} -Probably from Aztatl (heron), and Tlacatl (man),"people of the heron")

Herons of Azatlan

Herons or Jaguars of Tikal (Large Capital for Mayans)

" " Tenoch (founder of the Aztecs)

" " Nahuatl (sun god, could be changed to be pronouced easier)

Also, veteran warriors were called Jaguar Knights or Jaguar Warriors, hmm Elite choice names maybe?

Sacrifices and Cannibalism were common in Aztec cultures, maybe Blood Angels might be a good geneseed? Depends on how far you want to go...

-Nic

Archived