Silver Skulls fluff

cedderoth

Hi fellas,

Having spent a long time trying to do a DIY Marine chapter, I have given up and decided to use an existing one.

Whilst looking through a 'how to paint space marines' book in my local GW, I saw a picture of the Silver Skulls and their slightly modified armour - Black pads and Powerplants, boltgun silver armour and a mithril silver eagle and helmet.

I have tested this and found the scheme to be quite nice.

Now for the fluff - there isn't that much really, here is what I've found so far

Their Homeworld is Varsavia (sp) and are very guarded about their geneseed.

They were in the Armageddon3 campaign and have many small mentions elsewhere.

Now, not wanting to muck about with any existing fluff, Im trying to think of which chapter traits (if any) they take.

Since they are guarded about their geneseed I was thinking about taking 'purity above all'.

Anyone have any idea what else to take or any ideas?

Im designing a friendly gaming army for 1500pts so Im not that bothered about taking a Tournament army of doom.

Cheers fellas.

Hail Brother! :unsure:

I've got a Silver Skulls drop-pod army, and I've just been running them as vanilla, without traits. I haven't found much official fluff on them either. The only official thing I can really remember is the Catechism of Hate in the 3rd ed codex.

Also IIRC they tend to have white/silver hair. Whether this is due to mutation or they dye it on purpose to closer match their chapter name, I don't know.

Wasn't there another piece of fluff on the Silver Skulls concerning the geneseeding process? I believe it details that the SK's use particularly painful and primitive methods of inserting the organs and doing the indoctrinations. There was an Inquisitorial inquiry into their practices. I remember an operating table with iron straps and constraints, indicating that much of the procedures were conducted without anestethics.

This could be an indication of both their beliefsystem and Modus Operandi.

I must check where I read this, I know it was official fluff though. It could have been either the 3rd ed BBB or the Index Astarted article on creating marines. It'll have to wait till I get home.

Who can help us out a bit faster here?

Yup this was in the IA 1 about creating space marines and how their geneseed stocks are more heavily fortified than the armoury.

Thing is that in that article they do mention that some of the implants have to be put into the subjects who are conscious. This I think means that in the processes of the organ implantation all space marines have to be kept comptus mentus.

Looking about in the old codexes, they seem to be very big on genetic purity - the progress reports in 3rd edition Codex is from the Silver Skulls.

This is why Im thinking - purity above all as the main trait for them. I kind of like the idea of Chaplain Apothecary (is it the space wolves that have that?)

Next question is trying to put some flesh on the bones of the silver skulls - background wise.

Yup this was in the IA 1 about creating space marines and how their geneseed stocks are more heavily fortified than the armoury.

Propably standard procedure among space marines. It was regular purity check after all, not inquisitorial investigation. (Or else I have bad memory)

I think SS were just used as examle on how marines feel about thoose things.

Archived