New DIY, i ditched my old one, need help

Nicili

So i ditched my old DIY (Angels of Thunor) and decided to start working on another, my old one was too complex and would of been cleansed by the imperium.

By the way, what culture is the Imperial Fists based off of?

So i decided to start a new chapter, and was brainstorming a bunch of ideas...

ok Idea number uno:

Name: 'Paladins of Dorn'; i definetly want this name to be incorporated into the army

Origin: Probably 3rd founding, since i want this group very pure, was Dorn alive for the 3rd founding?

No clue yet why the were founded, or where they operate and battles they took part in.

Home World: (un named); Feral or Death World; Geo. Feature: 'River of blood' Unknown True name as of yet; River of unknown liquid that is going to be intergrated into ceremonial acts, 'pain glove', initiation, etc.

Combat Doctrine: I was thinking assualt oriented, with Jump Packs, but would a Fist Successor really be allowed to fight this way?

Organization: True to Codex Astartes, but different terminology

Gene-seed: Pure Imperial Fist

Battle Cry: "Cower! For the Wrath of Dorn is upon you!"

Restrictions: No Librarians

Chapter Badge: Fist? (Golden?) or a Sword?

Color Scheme: White and Gold (To look Holy and Pure ~Arrogant...)

2. I wanted these marines to be Pure, and proud of their gene-seed.

3. I also wanted Dorn to be a key factor in their creation and start.

4. Could of been originally trained by Black Templars, or instead, just been tought the teaching and belief that librarians are mutants

5. Golden Swords could be a key in converting.

Thats really all i can think off. i really need to no the Imperial Fist base culture and maybe i could get a good start. I could really use your guys' great help here at B&C

Thanks

-Nic

I'm not really sure what theme the Imperial Fists fall under. I personaly get a vary dark age feel from them. Infact, I used that for my own chapter, which is also a Imperial fists successor. As for the exact date and time of his death still remains a mystery to me, and I'm not sure when the 3rd founding took place, but is had to be somewhere between 30,021(second founding) and 31,000(Post-13th founding) with 12 or so foundings in that time frame.

Name: 'Paladins of Dorn'; i definetly want this name to be incorporated into the army
My own DIY has the same name. :) Go ahead and use it, it's cool to have more than one to me.

Origin: Probably 3rd founding, since i want this group very pure, was Dorn alive for the 3rd founding?

No clue yet why the were founded, or where they operate and battles they took part in.

He was probably alive, with the first foundings possibly occuring close together. You could have them just being one chapter broken down from the legion, or made to guard/defend a certain area of space. Battles are easy, you can make up your own, or take random planets and use them for battles.

Imperial Fist culture seems to be based on the early romanic cultures before our own dark ages. Names should be easy to find (lysander, (spartanic names).

Combat Doctrine: I was thinking assualt oriented, with Jump Packs, but would a Fist Successor really be allowed to fight this way?
Black Templars ? :) Gene-seed my affect physical characteristics, but not to doctorine.

I doubt it. Try searching the 'what happened to primarchs' topic in amicus.

Melechor- I think I'll use a different name, i want my chapter to be original and not the same as anyone elses.

Maybe something like, "Paladins of the Templar" so it could still sound 'Dornish'.

++Edit++

maybe Holy Templars, White Templars, Golden Templars, etc...

Hmm chapter master ideas, Machaon was the original chapter master, and the current one took his name when he became master of the chapter, maybe somehtimng like 'Machaon VIII'

-Nic

Archived