Core of my fluff

Ceres

So, as a wild imagined and artistic youngster, wanted to make a story for my armie(s), that allows me to use almost all the imperial armies without "a reason".

The idea lead into some really exciting possibilities,

1) Varied game experiences

2) Variety in painting and modeling

3) Awesome story to back me up.

And now I

Quite weird fluff, huh? Basically, you are defending that you are gopnna write 10k years of history for those dudes? Aren't they able to return to the galaxy? It shoudn't be that problematic...:)

If you go for a less extreme case, you can easily have a combined arms force mounting a crusade in a sector. 2 marine chapters and some grey knights along with IG against.... anything, really. orks would be a prime choice, though. make ,most of the the world(s) swamp-like and then you have few uses for armoured behemoths. :P As you see, no need for macriostuff in order to have everything you want :D

I myself am theming my chapter after a single sector. There is enough variety there to dface almost anything under any circumstances. It is easy, interesting andd full of history, organization and battle backgrounds in a multitude of worlds. If you want that much variety, i would go for that.

Regards,

Xavi

Flesh it out a bit more. At the moment it looks okay, suffering from general farfetchedness but not beyond redemption.

Describe these Ghoul Worlds. They're circling the Halo Stars, aren't they? Why are they called that way? (Check on the fluff on Lord Macharius; 40K's own rendition of Alexander the great; the Ghoul Worlds were his version of India).

Did you mean to put your force in another Galaxy by the way? Although not impossible in a Gothic Far Future Science Fiction setting (nothing is), that would require some more thought on your part though; What enemies would they encounter?

There was a mission, thousands of years ago with a probe sent to reach the edge of the Universe. It hasn't reached it yet, but most of the signals it has picked up on its journey appear to be orkish in origin! You might find that making Orks your Preferred Enemy might be in concert with your blossoming fluff.

Also; define your chapters. Define your IG and Navy units; which ones are they? Why were they there. What was their original destination? Perhaps the encountered Chaos ship(s) is/are still around, even in that distant Galaxy?

What do they do now? Assess their situation? Infighting? Exploring the station?

Create a plot for the assorted forces to be there and write your fluff around it. This plot can and will change once you start writing but that's okay; it's the evolution of your fluff.

Keep it up; it's an oddball formula but it might work. Throw around some more ideas, form them into a coherent story and then we might be able to jabb holes into it and leave you to correct the gaps: before you can say Liber Mods Rock, you'll have some original and servicable fluff... :)

Archived