Yet another "Help me write my Fluff post"

WingZ

ive got an idea for my SM chapter but i need some help.Im not the best writer so I thought id see if anyone could help.

Chapther name:?(Imperial blades or Genesis Lords)

Home:?

colors:Lich purple & yellow or gray & brass or Purple & brass(yellow up to the knees, hands ,strip in the helm & rim of shoulder pads)

Chapter symbol:?(Sword inside a cog)

Moto: Pain is an illusion We are eternal

Ok heres a few ideas i have

my chaper is in a system 2 forgeworld from where they get alot of their gear mostly pred tanks & bikes and there is a heavy IG presents one one of the forgeworlds from where the chapter get most of its new members.((I would like to use Cadian Shock Troops as scouts)I would also like them to have place high regruard on their techmarines.The chapter also have a very few Librarians(not sure why yet.. but I want it to have something to do with there heavy reliance on tech)

hes a few other ideas iv got from other forms

a shooty army. Vehicles and techmarines from the adeptus mechanicus, stormtroopers from the imperial guard as scouts

instead of trying to keep to itself promotes coopoeration with the adeptus mechanicus and IG.

member of the chapter server time in the IG & are recruted at an older age & cramed full of implant withc few live through. Witch mean they dont get into alot of CC so thats why the are a more of a shooty army

like i said any and all input is welcomed

thx

Well thats a few of my ideas any & all help is welcomed.

Well, I don't think that anyone here is going to write your fluff for you, but we'll certainly be glad to suggest things for you. Anyway, if you write it yourself, it'll be far more rewarding.

You've got a few themes here - a high degree of cooperation with other Imperial agencies, a high regard for techmarines, and a close relationship with the Adeptus Mechanicus. These are all quite strong themes. The Adeptus Mechanicus will always be glad of close relationships with Space Marine chapters - which are of course terribly powerful military bodies.

I would suggest against basing your chapter in a system with a forgeworld. Why not a nearby system? It's the same thing in galactic terms, and you've suddenly got a new homeworld with a human (and Imperial Guard) presence. The High Lords of Terra would be uncomfortable with your chapter being too close to the AdMech - closer than is needed, anyway. So your close relations, whilst not covert, might not be trumpeted everywhere. Remember that the Imperium is a hugely byzantine and political structure.

For your colour scheme, consider using this to help visualise your ideas.

The sword inside the cog is quite a strong visual theme. So, perhaps your chapter is a Salamander or Iron Hands successor? Both of these chapters have technological elements, though expressed in different way. The Salamanders are artificers and blacksmiths, whilst the Iron Hands have close relationships with the AdMech and have lots of bionics. That said, you could conceivably justify any gene-stock chapter being close to the AdMech if it came to it.

Why do you want to use Cadians as your scouts? How will you justify the difference in stats? A better option might be to use the Witch-Hunters or Daemon-Hunters codices to have allied Storm Troopers along with your marines.

Now, your marines won't be able to recruit from older Imperial Guard soldiers. The reason that marines recruit from children is because they need to be young in order for the implantation processes to work. The hormonal changes during puberty help (or can hinder) some of the organs.

There's a bit of feedback on your ideas; once you reply I'll add more.

Thx for the ideas.. and sorry about the heading.. i was being a bit snarky

Ok I can move the chapter thats no big deal.. I just dont want ot move them to a death world or anything like that.. soooo many chapther come from death worlds Im just tired of the idea..I like the slamanders alot & the way they act & treat the ppl under them so maybe they could be from them. . Im not such a big fan of the iron hand cause they have to0 many bionic & that would cost to much money for me for me to get the bitz.

that one thing i do like about the IH is the way they use term.. I might use that idea

as for the Cadians i was just goingto use the modles as scouts.. but i guess i could use them as alies

Well, a chapter can come from a huge range of worlds. Indeed, some chapters, like the Imperial Fists, Black Templars, and Dark Angels, recruit from more than just one world. In this way you have a huge cultural diversity amongst your initiates; it's up to you, though.

Your successor chapter does not need to follow their parent chapter precisely, so an IH successor does not need to use bionics. Generally, they will get some ideas from their parent chapter, and then take their own view on it. Much like a child being tought a theory, and then getting their own opinion as they grow older.

I would agree with Molotov about actually using =][= allies to use IG units. Maybe convert an =][= retinue to be an Adeptus Mechanicus leader and his squad, with an IG squad with large amounts of bionics (carapace armour?).

Ferrata

are the rules for useing Adeptus Mechanicus in game ..ive seen a few modles but wasnt sure of thier rules.. Im likeing the idea of useing them as alies kind of like you can with =I=. aslo can you take 2 groups as alies? Would i have to take the Adeptus Mechanicus & IG as alies or can i use the IG with the Adeptus Mechanicus?

Im also think of takeing the Honour Your Wargear & Suffer Not The Works Of Heretics Have Faith In Suspicion taits any ideas on what traits would be good?

There are, as yet, no official rules for using the forces of the Adeptus Mechanicus on the table-top. Ferrata was suggesting using an Inquisitorial Codex (Daemon-Hunters or Witch-Hunters) to 'count-as' the AdMech forces. You could convert an Adeptus Mechanicus Tech-Priest and then use the Inquisitor's stat-line to represent him. Inducted Storm Troopers could easily be Skitarii Tech-Guard.

ok cool so i should just use the =I= stats for them

well i got their look down so if this sparks any ideas plz feel fell to throw them out..

as of right now im looking in writeing up their home home stuff

My Webpage

My Webpage

and a big thanks to David if he comes here he drew the pics for me

oh my wife tells me the both my name suck lol she sad the blades sound like a cheap knock off & the lords sound like fat head lol so if you got a better name I love ot see it

thx again

Both your link's are dead.

For names, check Molotov's Naming Thread for ideas. If you want your name to fit yoru theme, then I would suggest a metal somewhere there such as - Iron, Steel. Then some creature which reflects your style of warfare. So a fully mechanised army could be the Iron Tigers, or lots of Drop Pods/Land Speeders could lead to the Iron Hawks. A slow paced shooty army like your own would need a more solid animal or even an inaminate object (hammer, fist, flail).

Ferrata

imageshack, photobucket are probably best place to host pictures. Though you can host them here at the B&C (well you could pre-burn, I think they've got that sorted now)

I prefer the middle chapter symbol, and the scheme is very eye-catching. Looking good there :blush:

Ferrata

So far so good. I like your chapter badge It's not one I've seen done before. Salamanders would make good stock. Iron Hands could be used without their addction to bionics. The Brazen Claws are an IH succesor, but are a Codex chapter. The geneseed CAN influence the chapter's behaviour, but does not have too. For example read "Warriors of Ultramar" by Graham McNeill for an example of how 2 completely different chapters can come from the same stock.

Archived