Crashed Aquila Lander

I have recently bought a crashed aquila lander terrain piece, the one that comes with the maccragge box set. I have seen one or two conversions with this such as putting a marine in the cockpit and adding lights. I have cut out the plastic 'broken glass' so it can be replaced with clear plastic. But im still looking for some god ideas. If anyone has done anything with this piece could you post some pics for inspiration or just suggest some ideas, thanks in advance! :D

It was easy enough, but took me about a little over a week to put together (and then 3 days to paint, finishing up at about 9:30 in the morning before taking it in to GD)

Basically just trimmed away any excess plastic to make the parts fit together, and filled in the gaps with putty. I also built the cockpit interior from various assorted bits and pieces, cut out the jet intakes and addedd turbines built from plasticard, drilled out the jet exhausts, and cut away the 'glass' and replaced it with clear plastic.

The tricky bit was removing the cockpit canopy to have it raised... That took a couple of hours of very careful slicing with a hobby knife.

• 1 month later...
Too bad Hobbes hasnt checked in yet (for what I know).

However, I can direct you to two avi`s that is involved in one of his projects.

http://hobbyhawk.com/videos/CrashedLander1.AVI

http://hobbyhawk.com/videos/CrashedLander2.AVI

is that theme music from "Firefly/Serenity" I'm hearing in the first movie?

that explains it, chaos currupted the reavers, and River Tam will become a living saint...

is that theme music from "Firefly/Serenity" I'm hearing in the first movie?

1st one is Tool, don't know the 2nd. Back to the topic, I like the lights, reminds me of when uncle and I use to do that to ertl's star wars kits. Especially the cockpit lighting, making it look like all the readouts are blown,

Archived