Some WIP pics from my WB...

TerminusEst

Whilst B&C was down, I needed a pause from my DG and IG, I started a new army, Word bearers!

They are one of my favourite legions; fanatical chaos worshippers ^_^. So, I'm not only at B&C to lurk any more :).

I've made extensive use of the BT sprues and GS (obviously :)), to give them a more archaic theme.

Anyway, on to the pictures:

I'll start with the CC squad, I really like how the champion came out...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/WBWIP.png

Here's a close-up of the champions chainstaff, note that I'm not sure on where all the bitz are from :tu:, but I can tell that it's based on a HE spear, with a CSM chainsword attached to it (after lots of cutting...) basically. And a chain from the BT sprue.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/WBWIP2.png

And here's, just an ordinary CC marine...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/WBWIP4.png

Here's the champion of the second squad, I wanted to use the Bionic head, but the bionic half didn't fit WB, sooo, after some GS work, bionics became mutations! ;)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/WBWIP5.png

I felt I had to include something painted as well, so here's a (still WIP) pic of the first squad...

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/WBWIP06copy.png

EDIT: here's my Lieutenant as well, based on the emperor's Champion (ironically enough...).

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/DefenderoftheGate/DA.png

C&C Welcome

Nice, very nice. That red looks pretty damn solid already, can't wait to see a squad of these finished. The only criticism I can think of is that the marine on the left in the first picture looks kinda odd, I'm not sure about the stuff on his head. I'm guessing they're meant to be horns, and maybe it's just the angle, but he looks a bit like a furry in that picture. Maybe a close-up would help clear things.

But anyway, as I said, awesome stuff. Keep it up!

Great work, love them. They'll be a very characterful force on the table!

I agree! I was thinking about how much character they have as I was scrolling down your post. Very nice. I hate seeing a lurker pop out with uber greenstuff AND painting skills - it always makes me feel like I'm inadequate :tu:

I really like your GS on the "bionic" head champion, and I LOVE the way you perverted the Emperor's Champion into a Dark Apostle.

you know that chainspear weapon all most could pass as a berserker glaive for the Worldeaters.... its to bad I would began to know how to duplicate that weapon...

btw, nice models, I want to see painted stuff, and more.

The only criticism I can think of is that the marine on the left in the first picture looks kinda odd, I'm not sure about the stuff on his head. I'm guessing they're meant to be horns, and maybe it's just the angle, but he looks a bit like a furry in that picture. Maybe a close-up would help clear things.

That would be horns, yes. I think it'll look less like hair when painted ;).

How are you doing that red?

Chaos black undercoat, 5:1 mix of Scab red and Chaos Black. then scab red blended into blood red and pure blood red for a final highlight B).

At the moment I'm working on my dark apostle (in termie armour!) as well as his retinue of termies... (based on the SM assault termies... :D)

All hail, King of Conversions.

Basicly my way of saying you've done some great conversions there. The red looks great too, the technique you've used give it a sort of old and beaten, rusted appearance, always suits the followers of Chaos I think.

One thing though, maybe it's just the way the picture was taken, but in the first shot, the second marine from the left looks a bit too Imperial and not very Chaos like. Like I said, it might just be that some of the details aren't showing up through the picture, but you are a heretic, don't go all goody-goody Imperial. :D

Nice work. Post the finished results when they're done.

Add another "nice work" to your fast growing pile :)

Im not 100% sure on some of the conversions, but overall the effect is awesome. It makes me want to finish my WBs (probably a good thing, knowing how much I lack motivation). Also loving the red - Im not usually a fan of the darker reds but you've pulled it off well.

Cant wait to see your Dark Apostle either

ChaplainAnnias

@Commissar Molotov:

Partially, the angle, partially he is still WIP, some more GS should solve that :unsure:.

@angel robertson: I'm doing it by wetblending, i.e. blending the blood red into the scab red when the paints are still wet ;).

Wait, Emperor's Champion, Black Templar sprues, do I see a theme developing?!

:D

------------------

Thanks for all the comments everyone, Dark Apostle with retinue coming soon...

Some great work, although personally I wouldn't have chained the spear/glaive/whatsits to the champion's arm :P

The templar bits are a great choice since the robes combined with the archaic armour suits the Word Bearers well.

@Commissar Molotov:

Partially, the angle, partially he is still WIP, some more GS should solve that :P.

I think a great deal of it is actually where the elbow-pad is. I'm not entirely sure how to correct it, but I think your elbow-pad is a contributor to why it looks so odd.

Archived