Salamanders and Iron Souls SM

Hello all!

Well, I need your help regarding some painting! I'm slowly (very slowly some might say! :D ) building up a Salamanders army. Now, in the fluff I'm also slowly working on, they are joined by a small detachment of Iron Souls Space Marines to fight against a huge Tau invasion army.

On GW 40K section (BT section to be more precise), there's an article about Developing Unique Crusade Iconography. The Declates Crusade has something really interesting in it:

Symbolic Crimson Fist

As a symbol of solidarity against what seemed to be an innumerable foe, Astartes from both Chapters "exchanged" iconography and often fought in mixed squads. Black Templars painted their left hands red, and Crimson fists painted a Templar cross onto their right knee. This unusual gesture of unity helped establish a tight bond that steeled the resolve of the brave warriors involved.

Now, how could I have that kind of "bound" between Sallies and Iron Souls? To help you brainstorm a bit, here are some pictures of the Iron Souls (a really interesting Chapter created by Freakforge). BTW, that Chapter won him the best DIY Chapter on the Spanish GW Website:

Freakforge's Iron Souls

I was thinking of having an hammer and/or anvil on the armour of the Iron Souls and to have that "crenelation" pattern somewhere on Salamanders' armour. Freakforge! I need your help here! ;)

So, what do you think about that? Any ideas?

Thanks!

Thu'Ook

It could be done I suppose, but I think it's more common that they simply use the same campaign badge. For them to actually use the other chapters iconography there would have to be a really special reason.

Archived