Pre-Hersey Terminators

chenley

Sorry, that I don't possess your eloquency and nevertheless tried to explain my idea (that could be helpful for somebody). ^_^

But thanks for this constructive/useful post of yours.

back to topic:

Problem is, my digi-camera's cable is lost and I don't have a card reader, so I can't make a picture of my tech-priest with the shoulder pads.

Easy fella. I tried and tried to make any sense and I just couldn't. I didn't mean any disrespect for your attempt to try to help... it just didn't come across for me. Seemed useful and constructive to explain that your post didn't make sense. I tried to make it funny but I guess that didn't work for you. Sorry :)

Somehow this explanation is not really useful -.-

Edit: I hope Gryphin allows me to use one of his pics for trying to explain my idea:

I think I said clearly with this two sentences, that I'm not really satisfied myself with the explanation, but I can't really describe it better. If someones interested in it, I could try another time.
Seemed useful and constructive to explain that your post didn't make sense. I tried to make it funny but I guess that didn't work for you. Sorry biggrin.gif

Ok then I have a different sense/understanding of humour and constructive posts.

Imho - that drawing could use a bit of sense, but I think I understand it when I look at it carefully... Though I find it really nice that you try and contribute to the topic :) always good to get more input from people

I found what Q said, to be highly constructive :D

On topic - The shoulder plates are really easy to convert, it's actually only a question of bits!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/wolfslord/123v8kl.jpg

Ok a try to explain the drawing. First just cut the shoulderpads at the red lines. Then turn the shoulderpad in 90 degree and the "B" side is then glued to the torso of the marine. Under this shoulderpad, I used normal normal marine shoulder pads because it looked better than without any shoulderpads.

For a good looking pre-heresy terminator head I would use a grey knight like helmet. I think somewhere here was a very good tutorial how to make such a helmet out of a normal one.

EDIT: @Brother Beork, brilliant idea and tutorial :)

+++ Off topic +++

On request, my original post about the termi helmets, mods can delete if they feel it's to far off topic.

Knightly helmets:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v331/brother...utorial%20pics/

Those pictures should say everything

In terms of words; try to first cut along the cheeks of the helmet (picture 2) but try not to cut inward too much as this will ruin the helmet. After this cut down from the nose at an angle similar to that of a GK helmet (picture 4), again try not to cut too much inward as this will make the angle to big. Additional shaving and cutting is easier than putting plastic back on.

Chance will be that the fresh cut helmet will not look anything like a GK helmet, in that case just shave the cheeks with a sharp blade (filing works to) untill the nose part is a straight point (like a GK helmet).

I later added decoration like the 4 holes in the side and a small cross in the other side, all of which can be done with a small drill (for a cross, put the holes close together and connect them with a small cut, practice first to know what you're doing).

Beork

Thanks very much, although I don't feel that this is off-topic as it is still to do with pre heresy terminators, albeit not the shoulder pads :ot:

Considering I doubt many people would go to the hassle of making pre heresy shoulder pads for a termi and not make it entirely PH...

• 1 month later...
+++ Off topic +++

On request, my original post about the termi helmets, mods can delete if they feel it's to far off topic.

Knightly helmets:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v331/brother...utorial%20pics/

AH! I've been trying to figure out a way to convert the termie helm to look 'older' if you will. B) You've just made me a very happy(and confused I never thought of it, considering I'm a huge GK fan) man!

Yuck. If there is one thing mini' companies shouldn't rip off from GW it is "Powerfist in the air like you just don't care" poses.

OT: I was thinking about that pose recently, and I decided that the massive powerfists would probably be heavy as hell, even for a space marine, hence the strike last penalty for using one. What I was thinking is that armour that is set up with a powerfist has some kind of mechanism set into it where you hold it in that position and give it the exact little twist and the arm armour locks into place, supporting the fist so the marine doesn't have to, or at least so he doesn't have to keep wasting power output to hold it up. Makes sense to me anyway. And even if that's not true, next time you're holding something heavy in one hand, put your arm in that position and tell me it isn't easier to hold it up.

Yuck. If there is one thing mini' companies shouldn't rip off from GW it is "Powerfist in the air like you just don't care" poses.

OT: I was thinking about that pose recently, and I decided that the massive powerfists would probably be heavy as hell, even for a space marine, hence the strike last penalty for using one. What I was thinking is that armour that is set up with a powerfist has some kind of mechanism set into it where you hold it in that position and give it the exact little twist and the arm armour locks into place, supporting the fist so the marine doesn't have to, or at least so he doesn't have to keep wasting power output to hold it up. Makes sense to me anyway. And even if that's not true, next time you're holding something heavy in one hand, put your arm in that position and tell me it isn't easier to hold it up.

You think too much. Painting is better than thinking in most cases.

Archived