Sin Eater's

Grimdarkness

As for the scouts, I'm pretty sure you've got to have em, I mean, marine armor must be repaired and updated before it can be passed on, and the organs must be given time to develope and such. And as for your organisation, the no-TDA idea works pretty well, I guess, it's your call. Now, for squads, you said they have no cohesion, but are formed into 12 man squads. Which do you want?

The Space Wolves seem to induct recruits straight into power armour. You could do it, and I think it makes sense. It's not that there aren't neophytes, but that they're inducted straight into tactical squads to learn from their brothers-in-arms. It's something nice that makes them different from other marine chapters.

I don't really think this makes sense. This gives the chapter no time to recruit, and retrieve losses ect. Maybe say for a few months, not years.
They had a full completement at the time a thousand battel brothers.

Now, for squads, you said they have no cohesion, but are formed into 12 man squads. Which do you want?

No cohesion in that there's no 6 tac 2 aslt 2 dev type squads i'll fix it to better show that.

How is this possible, if they spend most of their time fighting in ships

I,m thinking that i might borrow from the B.T and have there ranks about 1500 to 2000 marines speard out across the segmetum.

I also see hives as a perfect setting for mid range fire power armies. Plenty of places to ambush and be ambushed.

I need some help with organization of the chapter and some suggestion on ranks. I know the codex has one of the company commanders as lord of the fleet or something like it but with a fleet based chapter all captains are aboard ship so to mark a ship captain from a company captain would lord captain work for ship captains or perhaps commodore. Or do i bring back the Lt commander rank of the past.

Thanks Grimm

well tradition has that there can only be one captain on a ship, so the leader of a marine contingent (if of captain rank) was bumped up one rank socially (normally becoming a major iirc), but the unofficial promotion was only made aboard ship.

So it looks as though you'll either have to adopt a Captain-master-grandmaster thing or have the ships in each fleet group have no marine contingent aside from the flag vessel (in which case the ship's captain would be known as commodore)

The Space Wolves seem to induct recruits straight into power Armour

What about those wolf scouts? :jaw:

Wolf scout's come from the ranks of Grey hunter's there the space wolves who don't play well with other's. The codex says something about the call of the lone wolf. There a stand alone force often working ahead of the grand companies sometimes for years at a time.

The sin eater's have no need or spots for scouts as ship board action is ill suited for carapace Armour

Can a ship built long before the imperium of man be spit out of the warp and be reclaimed by either the Ad Mech or a space marine chapter that captures it or whould the tech level be so over there heads as not to be worth it.

At the back of the BBB vol 3 there's something about a space hulk and the Ad Mech team that wants to study it.

A ship from such a long ago time would be a treasure for the AM. Not only would it be like a time capsule but they could reverse-engineer any material in it.

I would imagine that the technology would be almost beyond the current Imperial expertise even though it is "ancient".

At least that is one point of view.

I would not want to put my marines on a ship that spent the better part of 10,000 years in the warp :)

Archived