"For the eternal glory of him on earth!"

vipertaja

I always liked the idea of chaos marine snipers...and after reading daemon world long ago it gave me the

inspiration for a bolter modified to sniper purpouses.

My first idea was an IW heavy duty sniper capable of busting tanks, but he's still very WIP. That fellow isn't very

mobile though...essentially carrying a big autocannon with scope, so I decided to make a kill team with more

mobile stuff...and what legion is more fitting than alpha legion?

After reading up on snipers I also wanted to make them ghillie suits. The idea is that they have confirmed info

from their links and spies of a VIP meeting deep in a swamp/forest/jungle and have been camping in the

bushes, seeing as marines don't really need to sleep or gather food for quite some time. I also tried to make

him fairly nondescript, though he does carry one of those veteran pendants of the terminator sprue now. The

idea is that they don't exactly announce the presence of the alpha legion and if possible want to appear

imperial. For this the minis will have parts of imperial power armour, likely aquired through posing as a loyalist

chapter (a DIY one which I might make up and write fluff for if all goes well).

I'm sorry for the crappy pic. I hate taking pics of green stuff. :jaw:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/vipertaja/ALKT1.jpg

For what it's worth here is my initial concept sketch for the thing.

As I made the model itself though I noticed that the ghilie suit would

have covered so much of the model that his equipment wouldn't be visible.

I might still add to it slightly though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/vipertaja/IMG_1551.jpg

Wow, you work well with GS :wub:

As for the model itself, the gun is a nice idea, although I'm not too keen on the silencer. How about doing a long barrelled bolter, with a bipod for support?

Thanks. :)

I had my doubts about the silencer to be honest. I agree that extending the barrel could be a good idea.

Now that I think about it, what the hell would a silencer do for a bolter? :wub:

The target is going to go SPLAT like a rotten fruit dropped to the pavement from a rooftop!

I guess it could help conceal the location of the sniper...

Still, should have thought of that earlier.

Maybe they have a few rounds of special ammo that doesn't go boom?

bolters do have silenced rounds so no need for a silencer they also have HE reounds and incedry devil.gif

What, bolter shots now have "stealth rocket silent propulsion" ???

Normal bolter firing sequence.

*klick*

*FWOOOOOOSH!!!*

*BOOM!*

Stealth

*klick*

*pfweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet....

*pop!

Cheers

IIRC the stealth rounds use compressed gas propellant rather than a mini-rocket motor... should make it quieter at least... although I now can't shake the sound of a whoopie cushion letting rip as it streaks towards it's target.

The stalker silenced round also replaces the hi-ex with a mercury core, so more a 'thud-splat' on impact rather than the usual KERBOOM! :D

• 1 month later...

Archived