Yet another rendition of my DIY chapter

Gree

I will be submitting thse as side-bars then if there are no problems.

That depends, long sidebars can often create horrific BBCode fluff-ups. That and a sidebar that is too long sidetracks the article and breaks the flow, especially since it is something the readers eyes are drawn towards.

For the chapter symbol, I was orignally going with the Emperor's Children symbol, but that would be too obvious, I'm thinking I could justify it, saying that they took their heraldry from the Eagle warriors? Or is there any other idea I can use?

I'd say it's best not to copy anything and simply find an image, or part of the original one you wanted to use that personifies your chapter as you see it. In no way are you ever forced to use the same heraldry as any other chapter or legion regardless of your relationship to them.

I will be submitting thse as side-bars then if there are no problems.

That depends, long sidebars can often create horrific BBCode fluff-ups. That and a sidebar that is too long sidetracks the article and breaks the flow, especially since it is something the readers eyes are drawn towards.

For the chapter symbol, I was orignally going with the Emperor's Children symbol, but that would be too obvious, I'm thinking I could justify it, saying that they took their heraldry from the Eagle warriors? Or is there any other idea I can use?

I'd say it's best not to copy anything and simply find an image, or part of the original one you wanted to use that personifies your chapter as you see it. In no way are you ever forced to use the same heraldry as any other chapter or legion regardless of your relationship to them.

I've already got a mix of decals on my models, some are the white eagle wings from the loyalist decal sheet and others are the golden ones from the Emperor's children sheet. I like the look but I need to justify it.

Edited by Gree