Need help with Imperial Fist successor design

PipX

I'm kicking around the idea of redoing a lot of older Space Marine models I have, and have a lot soaking in Simple Green gearing up for this. My idea is to have a predominantly white armored body, and I'm kicking around Regal Blue for the trims and pads. One of the ideas I have for this army though, is modeling kilts on some models which I'll do my best to recreate my families tartan on, as well as those of a few friends of mine, depending on difficulty. I'm thinking of calling them the "Spectral Fists" and may have them as a "Cursed Founding," with them having records of Imperial Fist or IF successor gene seed...But something wasn't quite right. I'd like a kind of someber color to offset the white, and the kilt would be a patter of a light and dark green, as well as a light and dark blue. Any other colors which can offset white better then the Regal blue in this case, would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Pip

Well, you seem to have some starting grounds, but you need to fill out the following questions before we can really start to flesh out your chapter -

- What geneseed are they?

- What founding were they?

- What is their chapter symbol/colour scheme?

- What is their Homeworld like, and what is the culture of the homeworld? (ie is it a Hive World, a Feral World, a Death World etc)

- Where in the Imperium are they based? (It may help define the kind of enemies they face most often.)

- What is their Combat Doctrine like? (do they prefer Close Combat or ranged fighting?)

- What is their Organisation like (do they follow the Codex or are they a bit different?)

- What is their Belief System?

I would urge you to reconsider the choice of Curse Founding them, as I feel this is generally misplaced. Unless you can think of a nice fault and make it an important part of the chapter, it usually makes the chapter seem below par. Excuse my ramblings, its 2am and I've only just finished my coursework for today...... :jaw:

Ferrata

I'd like to hammer out a trim color before I start going into fluff...Would a dark red contrast nicely with a white, or would it end up looking too busy?

Archived