The Scream of Thunder

Screaming Thunder

Traits: Scions of Mars, Heed the Wisdom of the Ancients, Eye to eye

Excommunicate Tratoris

Home world: [Theros]

Chapter master: Kesper Aric

Founded from the Iron Hands Gene seed, the Screaming Thunder Chapter prefers to slowly advance, laying down withering gale of fire to decimate the enemy forces, then surround them to shoot at leisure. Hand to hand combat is considered vulgar by the chapter, whose sergeants rarely carry close combat weapons at all, preferring the reliable bolter, or combi weapon. During a routine pass through warp space, Aric

Looks like a good start, but I think you need to look more in-depth at the reasoning of their fall. I find many people (which I include myself in with some of my past idea's) have chapters fall all to easily, with one marine turning the whole chapter. I prefer the slow deteriation into Chaos, over the quick snap. Why did he fall? Was he seduced by power, or was he taught to see past the thick murk of lies which cover the Imperium? Either way, the fall of a Chapter is a very important part of the history, and should be treated with due respect.

I'm also not a big fan of the name (although I'm not sure if its Screaming Thunder or The Scream of Thunder), either way, I think it doesn't flow. I'm also not sure if it fits with the slow static advance, Screaming Thunder to me says fast and brutal. I would consider a name change.

Ferrata

Screaming Thunder to me says fast and brutal. I would consider a name change.

such as "The Iron Hammers" or something...something that gives you the sense of this unstoppable, plodding force...like a steamroller or piledriver.

Archived