New DIY Army

cleric

Greeting Brothers

I've been reading this forum for a short wile now and founded the topics regarding DIY (vanilla armies?) very interresting. So I decided to give it a go to experience with the new traits system. But the more I read your forum, the more I realize that you guys are very dedicated and well versed in the rules and fluff.

So my question....If I want to continue using my DIY army...

1) would it be accepted in tournaments?

2) do I need to register it anywhere?

3) how do I explain their chapter fluff wise?

4) can I create commanders with certain attributes?

5) where can I compare my chapter name so that I don't take anybody else's name?

I know it is a lot of questions but I know that if anybody could help me, you can.

Cleric out!

Greeting Brothers

I've been reading this forum for a short wile now and founded the topics regarding DIY (vanilla armies?) very interresting. So I decided to give it a go to experience with the new traits system. But the more I read your forum, the more I realize that you guys are very dedicated and well versed in the rules and fluff.

So my question....If I want to continue using my DIY army...

5) where can I compare my chapter name so that I don't take anybody else's name?

I know it is a lot of questions but I know that if anybody could help me, you can.

Cleric out!

1- Yes, DIY Chapters are accepted @ tournys

2- No

3- Completely up to you, it's your Chapter, your fluff

4- Not for Tourny's but opponents may let you do that for friendly games

5- searching the 'net for your proposed name may help.

Other than that, I'm gonna kick this thread over to +Liber Astartes+, that's the best place on the board for DIY questions.

Yes, as long as your using one of the normal Codexes and are not using homegrown rules. So, if your using traits, then you can take them to tornaments. I'm not sure where you stand with using other SM codexes, but I would always but the Codex chapters name down so people don't get confused.

Nope, you dont even have to tell anyone about it. It's always good to post your chapter here, so we can give our opinions though.

Most people prefer to do an IA article on the Chapter, as this is probably the easiest way to make the chapter. Others have experiments with different ways, but generally it always best to have at least a simple IA article done before trying to play with complicated formats.

No, if you want to use them in Tournements (and most strangers). You can make some homegrown rules for your friends to play with, but don't get annoyed if they drop them.

Searching the B&C for the name will probably give you a good idea if your name is being used else where, also try just googleing it. It doesn't really matter if you have the same name as another chapter, unless that Chapter is very well known amongst the community.

Ferrata

I always found that it helps if you put the name of your DIY chapter(s) into your sig, If you're a regular poster on any 4oK forums people will see it more easily and more or less stay clear of a name that has already been choosen

Greetings Brothers

As always, I am grateful and very pleased in the way in which you guys respond so professionally to any query. I will follow your advice and keep it simple and I will post my DIY army, name and points as soon as I feel that I have done them justice.

Again, my thanks to your advice.

Cleric out!

Archived