Pax Imperialis

creating a roman military inspired back up chapter, with every model being equiped with a sloped kite shields. any suggestions for founding chapter, and a good name "besides roman military inspired chapter" (then again, My Jaguar Knights inspired forces aree still accumulating)

Possibly to avoid confusion between the two, you can make your guys Greek Hoplites (now those guys kicked ass) with huge rondaches and gladii (what the plural spelling for gladius me wonders?). that would be a site.

On another note, I'm way surprised no one has commented on my avatar.

The hawk lords have a very bright purple coloration compared to the purple armor of the Roman Praetorians. Roman Praetorians had very dark armor that was purplish, but didn't come nearly to the shade of the Hawk Lords. As for the chapter symbol, you could go with the classic Roman lightning symbolism seen on man of their shields. Plus your marines having the shield would set apart them from the Hawk Lords enough. If you want a real good idea of what Praetorians look like, watch the movie Gladiator! While your at it, if you want the classic roman soldier look, that would be a good place to go, or look at graphic models from the game Rome:Total War. Then, in fluff, terms, you would need reasoning for very large shields and spears ^_^

Just a thought, instead of normal bolters, your marines could use bolters built into spears! Like those guns from Stargate! (If you've ever seen the movie or show). Who knows the different possibilities of bolter types :)

Just a few ideas there to kick around

-ender

Just a warning: the symbol of the Praetorians was the double headed eagle, and they wore purple, so this color scheme would be VERY similar to the Hawk Lords.

And the Emperor's Children.

How about 'evocati'?

These guys where veterans who finished their millitary services (which was about what, ten years?), but reenlisted for another term and usually became officers in return.

Here are some of the actual names from Roman Legions that were used. Hope these help. I think the Ironclad legion sounds good.

Legio VI Ferrata (Ironclad) (emblem: bull, wolf and Romulus and Remus)

Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis (faithful and loyal) -

Legio VI Victrix (Victorious) (emblem: bull)

Legio XXI Rapax (Predator) (emblem: capricorn)

Here are some of the actual names from Roman Legions that were used. Hope these help. I think the Ironclas legion sounds good.

Legio VI Ferrata (Ironclad) (emblem: bull, wolf and Romulus and Remus)

Legio II Adiutrix Pia Fidelis (faithful and loyal) -

Legio VI Victrix (Victorious) (emblem: bull)

Legio XXI Rapax (Predator) (emblem: capricorn)

Archived