Slaanesh Aspiring Champion

gallery_11038_657_59775.jpg

gallery_11038_657_81095.jpg

Sorry for the lack of updates, as said earlier I've been working on my second NL obliterator for Medusa.

This model has been primed black and the armor will be painted black, with purple edges and gold/silver trim.

My only problem now is that I cannot decide which color I want to paint the fur and skin. If I shaded and highlighted white (with purple ink mixed in) it would appear a bit 'iffy' I think. Reddish browns are also not the way to go, that would be too close to Khorne.. :P

Any ideas?

A slightly pastel-ish blue shade i think would be nice. I think i once tried it for what was a so-so conversion of a male daemonette and the flesh wasnt too bad. Nice and pale and with a bit of a tint.

I think i used blue wash (or was it purple) with sombre grey (shadow grey for GW IIRC) up to a space wolves grey (wolf grey for vallejo).

Oooh, i forgot i had a pic up of it:

Male Daemonette

• 1 year later...

Pardon for bringing this up again but I've finally gotten the motivation to try and work some more on this guy.

Some of you may notice that he was supposed to have been my entry for the latest contest as well.

Unfortunately, I kept running into problems with colour composition, weird paints acting up on me and the fact that I (apparently) suck at painting flesh. :D

This is how he looks now, exactly the same as when I gave up on him about a month ago.

gallery_11038_657_51513.jpg

I'll sit down tonight and salvage what I can, expect a new (and hopefully much improved) picture later.

Pretty spectacular as usual Nimh.

Though Im not sure I like the armour as a whole seems kinda dark, for Slanesh but then again I dont know..Also Was the different Horn/Hoof colours intentional. I kinda like it and at the same time I'd be interested to see how the horns done up like the hoofs would look Contrast wise.

Pretty spectacular as usual Nimh.

Though Im not sure I like the armour as a whole seems kinda dark, for Slanesh but then again I dont know..Also Was the different Horn/Hoof colours intentional. I kinda like it and at the same time I'd be interested to see how the horns done up like the hoofs would look Contrast wise.

Thanks. :)

I will try and brighten the cables, taking them to a much lighter blue. The gold will be brighter as well. That might help to offset the dark armour a little.

It is supposed to be dark, but not as dark overall as it is now.

The different horn/hoof colours wasn't intentional, as I initially wanted to go with a deep brown. Instead I settled for normal bone but forgot about the hooves (when you've been staring at the same miniature for a year.. you lose perspective :P).

Thanks a lot for pointing that out to me, they will of course be 'bone-ified', though not to the same degree as the ones on his head.

I'm really liking how the flesh is turning out, as it just fits really well with the current look of the model (contrats the dark armor of the champion very nicely).

Lookin' very nice Nihm, you should definitely try to get this finished!

Thank you TAS, I will!

Archived