lucius wip

I have seen the pics of the upcoming lucius model and was rather dissapointed, when I read the codex a while ago I thought lucius was a really cool character I don't really like EC generally but he looked badass so when I saw the pics for his model I was somewhat dissapointed with the static pose he was in. So I decided I would have a go at converting my own version (not that I think I can make a better version than GW, just a bit more lively) When I was planning the mini I soon realised that the faces on his armour were going to be a real problem, I had tried painting faces on armour before and it looked crap so I decided to sculpt them. I tried with greestuff but I couldent get a decent finish to it so I tried a similar product called milliput and it worked fantastically. I used an old space marines legs as they are a bit thinner that current versions as is fitting for a slaanesh character. I used a standard chaos backpack and added 2 bits of round sprue for his drug container thingy and put some milliput on it and sculpted faces. I then covered two shoulderpads in milliput and sculpted faces on them too. Im going to have his stomach bare using a catachan torso and a trimmed chaos chestplate and for his face im using a head from the mutation sprue.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/GrahamGrief/Orks/WIP/luciuswip.jpg

here he is just about done.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b136/Gra...haos/lucius.jpg

It needs tidying up in places but overall im happy with it. :D .

+++ Mod edit: HUGE picture changed to link, please re-read the posting rules on this subject. +++

I almost like it. Looking at it it looks like he right in the down swing with his whip, striking out at an enemy. But his leggs do not convey that motion. They make him look like he is standing still. If you can I would make maximum use out of the stairs you have put him on. Remove one legg( would take off his right) cut the knee so you can bend the legg there, reposition his left foot to be across the axis of his body instead of forward then place his right foot on the last to top step with his left at the top of the stairs. This would make him look 100 times more meneacing. He is now attacking someone instead of just playing with his whip.

I would also cut the sword hand off and reposition that to be pointing down and behind him. This follows the fliud of motion. His left arm swings back as his right goes forward, prepairing to bring the sword back forward with either a follow up blow or to parry an incomming attack.

Your sculpting skills seem quite nice from what i can see. I bet he will look great once painted.

Just my opinion. I have said it before and I will say it agin. If you like your conversion, to Hell with everyone else(unless you plan on entering him in a GoldenDeamon hehehehe).

Archived