Harbingers of Death Basic Scheme sample

Well, I am sure some of you remember this thread wherein we took my former "No Name" Chapter and after much debate I dubbed them the Harbingers of Death.

Well, I finally had a moment to finish up the base work on what will be the standard coloration of a Marine - the previous post had a Sgt's coloration.

So, for those interested, here is the final look:

http://jestersminiaturestudios.com/Gallery/albums/Harbingers/HoDMelta00.jpg

Remember, I'm just going for smooth and play-worthy pieces at the moment. There's not going to be any type of serious work probably until I get to the Commander and/or other high ranking figures. And I worked a bit on the final look of the insignia on the shoulder pad. It's much better than the first attempt, and by breaking it down into shapes, it's MUCH easier to paint now.

Thanks again for all those the contributed earlier. Now, I'm slow going as time and schedule permits, but I should have a Razorback and SM Squad to show here soon. Stay tuned!

Very clean and crisp, on a whole army this is a very demanding task. To be critical, I'd say I'm not too sure about the bluish steel on the meltagun, the blue feels kinda foreingh to the rest of teh model, though I think it does need a touch of color here and there... Perhaps a little red somewhere to ty in with teh flames of the insigna?

Very smooth, great job, let's see that razorback!

Boltman

Very nice and clean, is that a decal on his shoulder or hand painted? Maybe something on that white knee pad as well. seems a bit bare.

The Sgt had a skull on the kneecap, and I wasn't sure if it was appropriate on the standard coloration scheme.

The shoulder insignia is hand painted. I broke it down to a figure 8, two triangles and a circle. Much easier and necessary so that I can repeat it multiple times.

Here was the first SM, which lead to the naming of the chapter:

http://jestersminiaturestudios.com/Gallery...ers/mortician00

As you can see, I've improved the badge a bit, and will have to go back and repaint this Sgt's insignia.

Wow thats awesome... I hope I can make my minis as nice and clean as that when I eventually decide to start them. Although I must ask is that the symbol for my second favorite Forgottn Realms god after Garagos (Mask) on all your pics?

Archived