Red Scorpions Company Champion

FaeLi-N

I had a picture in my head, that picture is now reality...

You can probably see where all the bits came from, and the plan is to have an army of similarly "simple" but eye-pleasing models:

http://www.goldendragon.nildram.co.uk/comchamp.gif

Hopefully you can see the Red Scorpion logo on his cloak too.

EDIT: oh, and also, the sword is now perfectly straight, it looks a bit off in the pic because it was ;)

REDUX (already) - shortened sword shaft, straightened posture:

http://www.goldendragon.nildram.co.uk/comchamp2.gif

Looks pretty cool mate. Is the sword also from the resin red scorp kit? Only thing I see wrong with it is that the cape shouldnt just be so straight in the back, the handle on the sword is way too long-esp compared to the legnth of the blade AND it looks like a two handed sword rather than a single, making it a tad odd to have the shield there too. But I like the pose, would be a great emp champ w/o the shield.

OK, heh, taken on board, the shaft has been shortened to just below the second hand.

Also, the cape is meant to be straight down, since it's ground length, and he's stationary it shouldn't be folded imho, and it looks good ;)

I have one question and or suggestion. Are you planing on doing more with the cloak?

If not i suggest next time you make one flatren out the edge where you inpressed the brass, right now it looks like its a cookie sheet.

Other than that great job. I like the pose.

Another couple fo things then:

The cloak stays, and I know there's an outline so I only have to do a small area of freehand, hehe (lazy, but it should look good).

Also, YES, the sword is also part of an arm taht comes with the resin kit. ;)

Okay, to start nice looking model, I hope it gets painting similar to the avatar.

Now on too the question of the sword looking like a glaive, I always thought and pictured a glaive being a pole arm with a single strike edge not a two handed sword? Sorry about the temporary hijack! ^_^

How is the sheild attached to the arm?

Glue :P

Na, seriously though, it's attached via a strap round the wrist of the other arm.

I originally thought you'd actually just glued it on, but good on you for modelling a strap (as opposed to the magical sticking sheild) :P

Archived