This is My Army! There are many Like it!

Nicorex

:P

Okay Construction is completed except for the pilot of the smaller speeder. I am waiting on painting to build him, it will be easyer to paint him out of the speeder.

Still need some clean up and GS filling, and some GS details on Dev and a troop squad, but the Construction is done. Here are some Pics of the Over all Army.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0581.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0580.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0579.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Nic...es/DSCN0582.jpg

So do they look good from a distance?

;)

Very nice work there mate. I personally think extra kudos to anyone willing to put the time into personalising their army. Mine only has selected models treated this way...

One thing though. Nothing in the pics has a lick of paint! GET OUT YOUR PAINTBRUSH!

Good stuff mate, thanks for sharing the pics. ;)

RoV

i must say those look reallly good, and they really need some paint.

but...is that an unconverterted scout squad i see there? ;) i thought you where gonna convert every model is you army :P ow well great job

the rick

Some very interesting conversions there. Any heads up as to what the colour scheme will be?

Well im thinking a white base, then a light grey, wash of darker grey, highlights(but I go light on them cause im not that great at it) trim color will either be black or red havent decided, Wash then whole mini in tamyia clear smoke(basicly a shiny black wash) then do details. Or I might go with a dark grey base color with white trim. I need to make a couple test mini's.

I thought about black, but there are so many already, same with red. Im not into yellow. Blue is right out.

Purple is way the wrong color for these guys. So I am in a bit of a delima.

Herald the mini's between My Nurgle Lord and the Chaplin are a IG Mechanicus and a TechMarine, they are for a diffrent project. I will post pics of them once I get to that point.

therick Yes those scouts are un converted. Have you ever tried to convert a single hunk of metal?

I plan on and have some cool ideas once the plastic sniper scouts come out. These will all get a purity seal or something out of GS, so I can still claim every model is converted to some extent.

yeah i know it's hard to convert metal, but you could still try get some cadians with snipers and get some ruble on the bases, maybe give ehm some extra pouches and how about some gear to survive on your own for a while: http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/theorick/scout1B.jpg ;)

btw don't you just hate that there is no metal sniper scout who is looking in his scope? ;) they left the best pose out of the metal scout range :P

and you should really get some flashy camo on those capes, cause that just looks great. i've got exactly the same scout squad in my army and the where fun to paint check this:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f101/the...scoutsquadF.jpg

as you can see i still need to highlight one of em and still need to paint ne extra but it's just for the idea.

anyhow, get painting you lazy git, i wanna see a nicely painted army at the end of this month ;)

the rick

Great ideas and mini's there Rick.

Untill the new plastics come out, I will keeping these guys as basic as possible, mostly due to the amount of detail work still left to do on a troop and Dev squad. I have a nasty habit of avoiding as much mork as possible. So since I cant (easly) create the ideas I have for my scouts, I will shelve them untill I can make them.

Well like I said I need to make a few ctest color scheme mini's. Once I do that I can and decide on a scheme I like, then I can production line the entire army.

I also dont paint to GD quality mini's, im very happy with good to great table top quality. Most of the army will be good and the termies and the Librarian should be great(unless I get really jazzed about the color scheme then all will be great to excelent TT quality).

I'm loving the army except for one thing, the stupid blue whirlwind missiles!!! Could you please clip them off and replace them with nice proper ones instead of the flying blue penises that you have at the moment.

I'm loving the army except for one thing, the stupid blue whirlwind missiles!!! Could you please clip them off and replace them with nice proper ones instead of the flying blue penises that you have at the moment.

Well they wont stay blue. They are going to be pink with "Hello Kitty "heads.

looks real nice, going to take forever to paint it all :) Unless you are joker fast ;) ;)

If you Inky slow it might never get done. ^_^

I bet I fall somewhere between the two...

;)

Thanks All. I will begin a few color test models over the weekend I bet. I still need to do some GS fill and details on a few guys. I had to have the Army Construced by tonight , I started a Campaine/GT tonight.

Well My boys are blooded. I fought the first game of my GT tonight.

Unforunatly Our misguided Breathren of the Black Templars Chapter Mistook Us for Ork's and attempted to destroy us.

I am Sad to report many Sword Brethren Died today.

When we called the game at turn 4 he had 2 of 10 Assault marines and 4 of 10 Troopers left on the table.

He had however wiped out my Devestators and Scouts, half my Assault squad and 2 terminators.

We played Cleanse with table quarters, I owned 3(including his starting quarter), it would have been 4 if we had continued the game and he had no scoring units left on the table.

Notiable moments of the game. He Teleported his terminators onto the table and killed one of mine causing the unit to flee 3 inches. I then blasted 3 into the warp with "Storm of the Emperors Wrath" from my Librarian. I assaulted his Sword Breathren with my Assault squad killing the last 2 remaining with just my Vet sarge with lightning claws.

Over all it was a great game. It also felt great to finaly get a Victorious Slaughter Win. My most recent record with my Wordbearers is 4 losses 3 draws.

Just have to see what happens next week. I may have to fight the Warp Spider Army.

:)

Nice army Nicorex I still can't stop loving the missiles coming out of the whirlwind(didn't post on it's thread because I had no time) also that title is a line from jarhead isn't it? but it's rifle instead of army

anywho get 'er painted

~EzEkiEl

Well it was origanly from(in my head, mabye someone used it before but i dont know about it) "Full Metal Jacket", They are lying in their bunks saying their nightly prayers.

"This is my rifle, there are many like it, but this one is mine."(i cant remmeber how the rest goes, something about may it kil my enemy before my enemy kills me).

• 4 months later...

Archived