Super glue Remover VS plastic

I recently acquired a chaos Predator that the previous owner assembled using super glue to attach...no lie...EVERY SINGLE BIT IN THE BOX!! :tu: I have some superglue remover that I use generally to get my fingers seperated, and I was wondering if I could use it to try to salvage this tank. Will it work? Will it hurt the plastic? Is there something out there that might be better?

Thanks for any help.

There is SIMPLE GREEN that stuff used for gardening. dont use any other type but the original. i dont know anything about the super glue remover. I would heed this warning( THE SIMPLE GREEN MAY TAKE AWAY SOME OF THE DETAIL BUT WITH TANKS I WOULDNT WORRY SO MUCH ABOUT)

when using the simple green put it in a condainer with a lid, then place the model in and seal the container. Let sit until model falls apart into original sprue peices.

• 1 month later...
Superglue removers will probably melt plastic, yes. I use simple metho for stripping minis (c'mon, $2-3 for a decent-sized bottle is great value), and I find it seems to weaken superglue bonds sometimes, making it easy to carve off the glue with a knife. Maybe that will help...

Just like stripping paint, EZ-Off Oven Cleaner weakens super glue joints to the point that they can easily be seperated and the residue scraped off with a modelling knife and a file.

Archived