Searing Dragons - Drake Pattern Predator

Alrite most of you have already seen the tank in an earlier stage, well most of it is painted up. I just gotta paint one sponson, paint & glue the tracks, and paint some detail stuff on the extra hatches. (and the flappy front cover for the window).

Right now it's sitting ontop of my shelf as I work on the 40k squad & single mini entry, those are a maybe for gamesday for the fact that I'm starting to paint them now.

Here's the link to the pics.

Searing Dragons - Drake Pattern Predator - Top View

Searing Dragons - Drake Pattern Predator - Right Side View

Searing Dragons - Drake Pattern Predator - Left Side View

Alrite that's it for now, hit me with what u got.

..........holy... dude that is the best predator i have ever seen, serieusly. that is a real nice sceme, great idea. are you going to make a whole army like this? cause you should :blink: very very nice and original.

keep up dude, finish it and start with an army :)

the rick

I have to agree that this is an amazing Predator and the paint job is just plain sweet! The caption for one of the pictures mentioned that you were working on a squad to go along with the Pred. Is the scheme the same? Are we going to see some pics?

Hey fellas, I got a couple shots of the squad tell me what u think too.

A couple units in the squad are "custom"..not really for play, more for show, unless GW makes it legal.. lol

Chaplain, 2 TH/SS, 1 LC (Serg), 1 Inferno Cannon (yes that's what I said), 1 Multimelta w/ SS (yup)

Squad shot - 1st coat (nothing pretty)

Searing Dragons - Sergeant - In-progress - Front

Searing Dragons - Sergeant - In-progress - Rear

I'm gonna paint the scale stuff after the armour is done, that way I have a bit of flexibility...but I might only do the scales not the underbelly part... I'll see.

Wow great paintscheme! it's seem really like the plate of a dragon! I'm very curius about the inferno cannon terminator and the multi melta ones, could you take some better pics of this guys I wanna see this conversion from near

Here's some shots as requested,

slightly earlier stage of the Inferno Cannon Terminator:

Inferno Cannon Terminator (before paint job and slight mod)

Multimelta Terminator (with Stormshield)

Multimelta Terminator (before paint job)

Even though I primed them and did the 1st coat already I might do some minor tubing work right now to clean up the look.

I might or might not keep the Chap as part of the squad since a command squad can't consist of an Assault termie squad. go fig.

More Pics of the squad (updated)

Searing Dragons - Multimelta Terminator

Searing Dragons - Inferno Cannon Terminator

Searing Dragons Squad - In Progress update

Interesting note. When I kitbashed the Inferno cannon, I compared it to the Forgeworld one... it's the exact same size... (as the deadnought one)

Oh and to answer the comment about the scales on the tank, it's all painted on, no texturing, the standard paint then highlight.

They are truly amazing, great conversion and great paint job! maybe you will post a tutorial on your great converted multimelta and inferno cannon (I love it :wub: ) so we can :ph34r: your idea ^___^ eheheh... keep us informed about this amazing work!

I got more pics...my left arm is starting to kill me.. lol stupid shoulder... I dun care if u guys Ninja, aslong as you guys understand how to do it. I gotta clean up the Inferno cannon guy a bit, but they look pretty good right now, I'm still not happy with'm yet, so I'll keep working on them tomorrow (that and I'm gonna resculpt the chest of the HQ guy) I'm still wondering if I should include the Chaplain in this squad for the entry. Anyway, here it is.

Searing Dragons - Squad Pic 1 - Update - Sun May 21, 1:30am

Searing Dragons - Squad Pic 2 - Update - Sun May 21, 1:30am

Searing Dragons - Squad Pic 3 - Update - Sun May 21, 1:30am

Archived