ExorWing ideas needed

Greetings all,

Upon completion of my Sons of Guilliman army, I plan to start yet another Space Marine chapter, this time the Exorcists. This will be my 3rd SM army and I have decided to go with a different style yet again. This may just turn out to be a one unit force, for AoD and the like. I was thinking of arming them with 2 heavy flamers for what I would think are fluff reasons, but am open to other options.

I have a few questions for you:

1) How do I paint a good red for them? (Asmondeus, if you'd be so kind as to share I'd really appreciate it)

2) I seem to recall a WD Index Astartes with them in it. Am I crazy? If not, could someone please give me the WD number?

3) What embelishments should I put on them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Khrangar

they have been mentioned in two Index Astartes, the Badab War one in WD101 which had their original (yellow & blue) scheme which mentioned them blockading Badab, and the "Emperors Shield" (Armageddon3) IA (cant remember which issue that was in tho) which simply had the same pic as the Armageddon3 website and a single sentance saying "The Exorcists, a fleet-based Chapter, are involved in fierce space battles around the warp jump points in an attempt to stem the flow of Ork reinforcements pouring into the sector."

hey :ph34r: nice to see someone else starting an army of these guys, I would very much like share the red recipe but to be honest it has been a while since I painted on my marines, but I will try to remember

I think you are correct in thinking that there was a WD with an article on them, but sadly I cannot remember :( Sorry.

As for the embelishments, I think that a good moderation of skulls would be cool, definately a darker look from, say, The Sons of Guilliman ^_^ , but not as dark as, say, the Relicors. Maybe some old fashioned stuff in there. Not like preheresy....well, yeah, some of that. I don't even know what I'm saying now. I'll be quiet now :P

Master_Aerethos

i just tryed out an expirimental (sp?) way of doing red today which i think looks great.

Basecoat of blood red, good coverage, possibly several coats.

green ink wash

highlight blood red except for cracks

highlight blazing orange

watered down chestnut ink wash.

this gives a bright glossy red, but is a little time consuming.

I have thought it over a bit and know the basics of what I want to add to them. I will give them modelled chapter badges based off my design of the shoulder pad I gave my librarian. It's a skull with the horns from the chaos mutations sprue and some greenstuff, I'll have pics once I start/get the bitz I need.

Also, I was wondering if adding the skull sign post from the new giant would be a bit over the top, or would it look ok? I'll add some candles and a few books here and there to give them the look of the ability to perform mobil exorcisms. I want to give the sergeant of the unit a fancy sword, that's not a nemesis force weapon, but I am drawing a blank as of now. I am also going to try and find a book on exorcisms, or something similar, and paint exorcism runes on the unit, maybe make it look like the runes are glowing, but I am as of yet unsure if I should do this. I figure I'll add a few more purity seals than usual to the models to show their devoutness and how they've overcome the possession that the chapter has to go through.

C&C is always appreciated.

Sorry for the double post but I've painted up a test model for the colour scheme that Asmondeus has given me.

With flash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Khrangar/exor1.jpg

Without flash:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v334/Khrangar/exor2.jpg

What do you think?

Archived