Almost finished commission sculpt.

Pyriel

Truely stunning work there!

Okay i understand the principal on how to create evrything you did, except the 3 dimensional backbome ridge scales you did on the JP. Was it just i added a bit more GS on top or do you have a real principal to doing it?

Mind giving me an expenation?

I really like it Pyriel. You should invest in some hobby chain. Ask around at local train hobby shops and eventually you'll stumble into one that has some. I picked up two different sized that seem to work for most applications. I took along a Berserker torso to get something roughly the right size. Now I only sculpt the last link that connects and I'm much happier for it! =)

I really like it Pyriel. You should invest in some hobby chain. Ask around at local train hobby shops and eventually you'll stumble into one that has some. I picked up two different sized that seem to work for most applications. I took along a Berserker torso to get something roughly the right size. Now I only sculpt the last link that connects and I'm much happier for it! =)

-Q- might as well said- Blah Blah Blah I'm Great! Blah Blah Blah Do as I say! Blah Blah Blah Dont forget how great I am!

hehehehehe

:rolleyes:

Actually its a great tip, I find all kinds of cool things at the train store. 12 x4 chain link fencing, bombs to use to make my WhirlWind land mine templates. All kinds of neet stuff to be found and used.

-Q- might as well said- Blah Blah Blah I'm Great! Blah Blah Blah Do as I say! Blah Blah Blah Dont forget how great I am!

hehehehehe

Erm? That's the point of these forums yeah? To share our experiences with others so they can improve their work? That's how I see it anyway.

Chain is difficult to sculpt. He did well but it probably took a really long time. Hobby chain is cool =)

Edit: I *am* great though!

Thanks guys, glad you like it :)

Okay i understand the principal on how to create evrything you did, except the 3 dimensional backbome ridge scales you did on the JP. Was it just i added a bit more GS on top or do you have a real principal to doing it?

Mind giving me an expenation?

Those were used from a big blob of GS that I "simply" carved into shape witha knife. No shortcuts.

-Q-

Yeah I know what you mean, I tried with a miniature chain at first, Arty saend me teh smallest one he could find but lo and behold, it was waaaaay to big so I had to make the pad-chain as well as teh waist-chain by hand.

I usually don

ahh but for little wiggly things it's pretty cool when the chains move when the model it touched, adds a sense of reality to it.. excellent sculpt! I didn't even notice the arms to busy shceking out the indents on that torso! -_- and the inset on that leg!! Kudos!

The cloak works nicely but hasn't been tied in with some gems or emblems .. yet... :unsure:

I take it this is for Artimis! Lucky chap!

Do you flatten the GS on wax papaer first to make the cloak and are there letters on his leg I can barely make it out.. but it will look cool painted!

Now I only sculpt the last link that connects and I'm much happier for it! =)

that last link can be made out of thin wire and drilled into the piece which supports it - a lot cleaner and saves time sculpting! :ph34r:

A bit uncalled for, don't you think? Q merely offered some advice based on his own experience, which is indeed the point of this forum. A word of advice: comments like this could easyly be mistaken for trolling or flaming. Trust me, you don't want to go there.

As for the mini itself, I'm a HUGE fan of the scales. If I didn't have so many projects, a Salamander kill team sporting these would certainly be born. I'm not a big fan of the hood though. The sculpt is great and all, but IMHO it doesn't really fit the mini.

Once again you have proven your worth man.

You're still one of the very best sculpters I've seen.

The amount of fine detail in your stuff is always candy for the eye.

I'm a bit suprised at seeing robes on a salamander marine.

Is it a chaplain? It doesn't bother me though...and the hood is kinda cool.

It's always a blast to see your sculpting creations.

:D

vipertaja:

The robes were on Artys request, I think they add some mystery to the mini. The mini is a chaplain yes.

Do you flatten the GS on wax papaer first to make the cloak and are there letters on his leg I can barely make it out.. but it will look cool painted!

Actuly I

I totally understand what you're saying about the chain and you did a fine job with it!

If you or others want to take a stab at hobby chain in the future, here's a tip that's helped me out. Glue only one link near where you want it to connect, like a shield, belt buckle, whatever. Use the slightest drop of glue, and... walk away. =) Let it dry. Once that one link is dry you can pull the rest of the chain along where you want it and cut the other end of the chain to length. Lay it out roughly, get the links all sorted the way you like with the tip of your sculpting tool or a pin, then glue the end link. Sometimes the chain will jump so keep your sculpting tool or pin handy. Walk away, let it dry. Once it's fully set run a small bead of glue along the bottom and the chain will be like rock.

Archived