Marines Wheeled AFV

Why the Birthday Party and Contests where going on at Work In Progress and what not I wanted something to work on.

So I built this today why doing the birthday party.

Its a wheeled Armored Fighting Vehicle.

Can carry probable 6 troops.

Gunner and Driver.

You can change the weapons easy enough

And you could set it up to be a Predator actually.

But I think it makes a nice city fight APC

What do you think?

Its made from plastic and some left over tank bits.

Thanks

Side

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/7449744/148294610.jpg

front

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/7449744/148294618.jpg

back

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL169/1054762/7449744/148294614.jpg

:ph34r:

Looks great as always, GD.

The only problem I would have with it is in its troop capacity. this thing is smaller and as well armed as a Predator. Looking at the pictures, any more than two passengers would be sitting inside the turret basket.

Awesome looking tank, though.

Call it:

The Suppressor!

With alot of militaries switching to tires and wheels.

And the future is supposed to be even more tires and wheels I thought it would be cool.

And you would atleast see one in the future.

It is exactly the same length as a Rhino

And taller because of the Axle placement for rough terrain.

The height on the sides had to be maintained to allow the back ramp to fit just right.

But its wider than a rhino so the troops should be ok.

As for tires over tread.

personal taste. ;)

As for Bolters and fire power.

I like it. B)

Thanks for the input.

Oh and ya Lego tires... :blush:

Thanks for looking and feedback.

Looks good GD; I did something similar some time ago with my salamanders:

med_gallery_173_590_21603.jpg

Woody, the wheeled one in the middle, is mostly a block of wood carved to look like a rhino. I had to improvise when the store didn't have any in stock.

My most recent plan is one for my steel jackals:

gallery_173_590_567.jpg

Though it won't be the six wheeled variety.

Dude Woody is awesome.

Very cool and even more impressive when you say how you made him.

Now thats cool.

Great job.

And I like the 6 wheels as I run the 4 wheel gun jeeps so the 6 works out well.

Good luck on your new project.

And thanks for the feedback.

I've been waiting to see some more of your whacky inventions B)

Very cool. I like the nice compact and chunky feel to it. It simply oozes power :blush: . The sides, above the wheels, look a bit bland though. I feel they should have little additions like the side of rhinos. Perhaps a few lights or mini steps?

I've been waiting to see some more of your whacky inventions B)

Very cool. I like the nice compact and chunky feel to it. It simply oozes power :blush: . The sides, above the wheels, look a bit bland though. I feel they should have little additions like the side of rhinos. Perhaps a few lights or mini steps?

Thank you.

As I saw this vehicle on Military Channel although 8 wheels it got me thinking.. they even had a Main Battle Tank.. Awesome all with tires.

Anyways it was very smooth like mine with vents etc only on top.

So thats real life and your right this is a model and can use some more details.

Thanks for the input, feedback and help.

Much appreciated

If you really want the Alien Apc look. Take a Dreadnought Las cannon arm and turn the barrell tips 90 degrees. i used that for my Razorback turret and it looks prett awesome.

I've had a wheeled Rhino Chassis on hold for a while you have now inspired me to dust it off.

-Colin

I've been waiting to see some more of your whacky inventions :lol:

Very cool. I like the nice compact and chunky feel to it. It simply oozes power :unsure: . The sides, above the wheels, look a bit bland though. I feel they should have little additions like the side of rhinos. Perhaps a few lights or mini steps?

Thank you.

As I saw this vehicle on Military Channel although 8 wheels it got me thinking.. they even had a Main Battle Tank.. Awesome all with tires.

So thats real life and your right this is a model and can use some more details.

Much appreciated

first, a bit off-topic. I'm not the only person watching The Military Channel xD. I am highly sure you are reffering to the multi-purpose vehicle where there is many varients to this one design? Like one is used for tanks that carries the M1A2 cannon, command tank, APC, and others that I can not remember (I love them vehicles :3)

On-Topic, I personally love also your wacky contraptions. I hope to see more from you soon :3

I've been waiting to see some more of your whacky inventions ^_^

Very cool. I like the nice compact and chunky feel to it. It simply oozes power :unsure: . The sides, above the wheels, look a bit bland though. I feel they should have little additions like the side of rhinos. Perhaps a few lights or mini steps?

Thank you.

Much appreciated

first, a bit off-topic. I'm not the only person watching The Military Channel xD. I am highly sure you are reffering to the multi-purpose vehicle where there is many varients to this one design? Like one is used for tanks that carries the M1A2 cannon, command tank, APC, and others that I can not remember (I love them vehicles :3)

You mean the variants on the little placard in the lower right of the photo I linked to? :lol:

The flat sides need some texture. Panelling in SM style would be in order. Also rivets would be nice. And it needs some Tiger style mudguards round the sides:

http://tanxheaven.com/ljs/tiger1-16/26.JPG

This would make this vehicle on par (quality-wise) with all the other SM vehicles IMHO.

Stunning job.

+++ Oversized pic changed to a link. +++

I like your conversion/scratch build. You know w/o the top turret you could use it as a Razorback and w/ a diff to turret you could use it as a predator and say the front HB's count as side sponsons.

Thanks guys for all the kind words and inspiration.

That inspiration actually was not the one I saw but its good thank you.

I think I would need a little larger tire to make that one.

But maybe not.

It was different?

Smoother and very flat.

I was not trying to make it as I used bits etc and and came up with my own.

Also I have ridden in a M113 and so had the thoughts and memories of how it looked also so that lent to some of my building.

I like the idea of flaps and some more detail

Thanks for the photo nice.

Thanks... I dont think I will do rivets to much imperial guard.

But nicely done to give me ideas I appreciate it alot.

Oh and great idea if you seperate the Bolters and change the turret.

Then maybe add another layered sections of armor on the side and Call it a Wheeled Predator.

Sweet that could work nicely Thanks.

:D

Thanks again and I am really glad I was able to get some of you motivated again I know I do when I see all the projects your all working on it makes me want to build stuff.

So thanks to all of you.

:) ;)

Archived