To convert or not to convert, that is the question.

Right, I got an Inquisitor Tyrus model from my grandparents, but I really dont want to paint it. 1) Because Im not a fan of Inquisitor models. 2) Im not a fan of Imperial models either. 3) My dad has already painted a Tyrus model, and I dont want to have to paint up the same exact thing. So, I was thinking about converting it into a daemon prince. However, my GS skills are quite limited, and its going to require quite a bit of work to make him look like a DP. So, my question to you is, should I go ahead and paint it up and not risk ruining the model, or go ahead, convert it, and hope for the best? :P

-Kaldoth

convert away! ;)

i've the shoulders being used in countless conversions of dreadnoughts. i have also seen the model as a chaos magos (sp?) but your not fan of =][= or an imperial either, so go for the deamon prince conversion: lotsa arrows, banding, flesh popping out of armour, big bladed weapon, horns, wings, tail etc...

good luck, with whatever you choose

DM :P

Tyrus is such a great model for converting, it'd almost be a shame to leave him how he is.

A Prince sounds pretty cool, and would be pretty easily doable. Or, you could rustle up some heavy weapons, plasticard, and other cool bitz, and turn him into an amazing Venerable Dreadnaught.

The main problem I have with converting him is all of the filing and cutting I would have to do. As I said before, my GS skills arent the best, and if I make a mistake I dont know if Ill be able to fix it :P Also, Ive honestly got no idea what I would do. I dont have any daemonic bits or anything, nor do I really have a plan for converting him ;)

-Kaldoth

You break your Gramma's heart! Paint it up nice and show them how great it looks finished :cry:

Hehe, I actually doubt that :cry: My grandmother wasnt the one who bought the model, it was my granddad. After he sent it to me, he remembered that my dad painted up one just like it already, and told me I could throw it out if I wanted to. But, I told him I wouldnt want to waste the model. So, he just told me to do whatever Id like <_< He loves seeing me paint (He does it aswell, as does my dad. Its kind of a family thing.) and probably wouldnt care, as long as I get it done for him.

-Kaldoth

hey kaldoth.

seems to me there was a thread like this a while ago on tToB. <_<

I geuss the main problem with turning it into a DP would be making it look angry and running. As is it is VERY static.

You might almost be better off turning it into a CC dread. It already has that wicked awesome PF which i belive has an integrated bolter?

If i remember right the other arm is a sword, so i geuss you could replace it with an axe or something.

but even that could be a pretty tricky thing to pull off. I dunno, you could be stuck on this one.

hey kaldoth.

seems to me there was a thread like this a while ago on tToB. :blush:

I geuss the main problem with turning it into a DP would be making it look angry and running. As is it is VERY static.

You might almost be better off turning it into a CC dread. It already has that wicked awesome PF which i belive has an integrated bolter?

If i remember right the other arm is a sword, so i geuss you could replace it with an axe or something.

Yeah, but barely any of you replied :P

Anyway, one of the arms is a PF and another is an arm with a bolt pistol. Im thinking of switching out the arms on him for the arms on the DP, but I dont know if they will size up right :S

-Kaldoth

EDIT: Primarch, this is Inquisitor Tyrus:

Tyrus

There's been a Tyrus DP conversion featured in a GW article, now whether it was on the web or in a WD I don't know... Possibly a WD though. I did find a smallish pic of the model I mean, it's on the right hand corner of the pic.

Hope this helps.

Link

++EDIT++ UK WD 300!! There we go. ++EDIT++

There's been a Tyrus DP conversion featured in a GW article, now whether it was on the web or in a WD I don't know... Possibly a WD though. I did find a smallish pic of the model I mean, it's on the right hand corner of the pic.

Hope this helps.

Link

++EDIT++ UK WD 300!! There we go. ++EDIT++

Thanks for that! Really nice photo :devil: Only problem is Im a U.S. subscriber, not a U.K. subscriber :P

-Kaldoth

just =][= chaos magnus legs, DP head and left hand on tyrus.

Actually a part breakdown would show that its's completely the Tyrus Body. Notice the legs and how the armour plates match the Tyrus model. Add the DP head, and he's pretty much done. Maybe some spikes. Dunno where the upraised hand comes from, but it might be GSed. Tabard is also from an unknown provenance. Magus Mynarc would also probably be a good model to base a DP on. I wish people used less stock DPs, and more converted ones!

Unfortunately I don't have UK WD 300 handy, it's in another country... But I'll post a thread in AMICUS asking for a complete and detailed parts breakdown. People should be able to help...

The model also had a custom built glaive made from a Shaggoth weapon, that you can attach and detach.

>Witch Hunter Tyrus: 99111399011

>Daemon Prince Head: 9947010208003

>Keeper of Secrets Loin Cloth: 9947020110805

>Keeper of Secrets Tail Cloth: 9947020110806

>Zombie Sprue: 99380207002

>Shaggoth Axe: 9947020114707

Someone posted the exact parts. Once you get them it shouldn't be too hard to know what to do with them.

Good luck.

Wow, thanks StratoKhan! That is really really helpful :) I think Ive got a basic idea of what Im going to do now. Ill see if I can post up some concept sketches (albeit, poorly drawn ones :))

-Kaldoth

Archived