Wordbearer Dark Apostle

I'd go with a twist on the traditional WE berzerker theme, black for the legs, arms, torso and helm and red for the shoulderpads, bootsnouts (is that even a word?) and leg guards.

I stay stick with Legion colours (I did). In my opinion Dark Apostles fufil a different role to Chaplains fluffwise, i.e. they arent just Chaos chaplains - they are more like a mix of religious doctrine and a command role, considering they effectively determine a warband's tactics and equipment.

Anyway, I converted up two DAs, one in power armour and painted black and the other based on Typhus and painted legion colours. I think the legion colours give a more coherent feel with the rest of the force, as long as the model has enough gubbinz to point him out as a character.

Just my tuppence. Im sure whichever way you go will be good, and post pics if you can! :angry:

Richard

Ow well, for the Dark Apostle I'm working on I'm planning something like this:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d81/TheDarkApostle/Word%20Bearers/DarkApostle.jpg

Meh, crappy paint re-work from a base of the Space Marine net painter on GW's homepage :)

i say go with a mix of both pre and post heresy colour schemes. having a small amount of pre-heresy if it makes it look too much like a GK. With the pre-heresy colours maybe doing something like the red corsairs do to their armour (paint chaos marks (arrows, stars) on it)

Archived