Communism/Russian conversions

Choosing between a sabre or sickle would be the difference in choosing:

A real theme army. Portraying the theme through absolutely correct use of weapons, colour, flags, icons and tactics.

An iconic themed army. Using things like the sickle and hammer, moustaches and hats. Things that are associated strongly with the desired theme so it is obvious.

Its much easier to use the iconic version, since most people won't recognise the real theme army. Plus they look cooler most of the time.

Perhaps try some GS longcoats for your scouts as well? Vallhalan Head swaps too. That would give them a very russian feel.

Sounds like a cool idea :D

Wouldn't the close-combat weapon of choice be the sabre? A sickle - well, it just looks silly IMHO. You should look at the colour-scheme and the iconography - if you want Tzarist period Russia, it is very different to theSoviet era. For Soviet era, think Black Jacks, T-90s, BMP-2, Shilka, Spetznaz etc etc

For Tzarist period, think Cossacks, Bear-skins, cavalry sabres, high collars, intricate designs, Orthodox church emblems etc etc

??? the soviet era and the tsarist era overlapped, and think tsarist think only have half the marines with gunns and armour, and only alloud to fire once per battle.

the soviet era started before lennin took over as the big cheese.

you have to remember that russia was very backwards. you should combine armour marks and battle damage. put camo neting on the sniper rifles and snipers.

this game has guns. you have to use either early USSR/Communist/soviet/leninist period or late tsarist period, other wise it just wont work

:( Just for put the accents on the "I" (it's a kind of slang) when I use the WWII germany paint scheme and symbol I was attacked from a lot of people here also in very boring and aggressive ways, but when someones want use russian scheme (and I hope that all you boys there remember what is a pogrom, or who was stalin and wich kind of politics Russia follow after the fall of the Zar) it's all ok... If this forum must be apolitical for me, must be apolitical for all....

just my opinion, don't start flaming....

and anyway brother Ranozthe I don't have nothing aganist you and your painting idea, I like the scheme and the soviet model that hang around on coolminiornot too but I remember in which way I was attacked also in a very violent and obtuse way...

And anyway brother Ranozthe I don't have nothing aganist you and your painting idea, I like the scheme and the soviet model that hang around on coolminiornot too but I remember in which way I was attacked also in a very violent and obtuse way...

Well a left/comunistic party isn't a bad political system, the guys who had the power were... ...nazism is rather connected with racism (a bad thing...), it hurt and killed more people than aids did...but lets not make this a political thread...i just want to get my space marines painted :)

For the general theme, i think im gonna mix it up a bit so tsarish(cossacks rock, but it could be because im originally from the Ukraine....maybe a Taras Bulba conversion for mycommander) and new-sovietish...

I like the dread conversion idea! il add it to my list of to-do's

Well when i get the money, il get me a box of valhallans and i can start converting a lot and il take a look at one of those undivided chaos lists

I'l start on the test-sheme sunday...

Archived