Talon(s) of Horus

Cyne

Hi all!

A while back I bought myself 2x Talon of Horus, just 'cause they look so cool. I've removed the combibolters on both and replaced them with skulls, and I've converted one of them to be a left hand.

Now, the problem is, I don't have a body suitable of wearing these magnificent claws. I've browsed the GW online store for hours, but still haven't found a model I like.

It doesn't matter if it's loyal or chaos, It'll probably just be a cool display piece, though I have both Daemonhunters and World Eaters so who knows...

I also have a pair of wings (maybe from som fantasy eagle or something, can't remember. They have feathers though) and the model will either have these or something else to represent jumppacks/D.Flight.

Any suggestions on what model to use? The claws are so big, they're almost as high as a standard marine!

Naw, the jump pack idea doesn't sound like it'd work. Depending on what you're going for here, I think you might have to convert something up - maybe a particuarly vicious Chaos Terminator Lord or maybe a slightly more unorthdox, close-combat Marine, like a Blood Angel.

You could just use a plastic termie body and convert it anyway you like. Alternatively, they might look cool on a converted obliterator body.

Have you considered remaking horus? :huh: New fluff gives him a mace and lightning claw for some wierd reason, but in the old fluff, he had two lightning claws, and the old marine dex has a beautiful model of him vs the emperor (am I the only one who liked that scene and style much, Much more then the new style?).

Might I suggest the new Calgar body? It's been sculpted with two powerfists in mind anyways, and it's got a pretty dynamic pose...

It does look very loyalist though, so it might be an effort to convert.

Might I suggest the new Calgar body? It's been sculpted with two powerfists in mind anyways, and it's got a pretty dynamic pose...

It does look very loyalist though, so it might be an effort to convert.

I agree. The Calgar body would sweet sweet if there was enough effort put into it, with removing all of the UM/Imperial iconagraphy from it.

You could just use a plastic termie body and convert it anyway you like. Alternatively, they might look cool on a converted obliterator body.

Have you considered remaking horus? smile.gif New fluff gives him a mace and lightning claw for some wierd reason, but in the old fluff, he had two lightning claws, and the old marine dex has a beautiful model of him vs the emperor (am I the only one who liked that scene and style much, Much more then the new style?).

YES!!! Do Horus in his ORIGINAL incarnation! Although I think the "new look" looks cool, I still far prefer the old look.

And you're not the only one who likes that diorama :blink:

Master_Aerethos

Yeah, I've been thinking of using Marneu's body, but there'll be a hellofalot of filing on that one to make it look good (Unless I make him an Ultramarine, I but don't reallt like them).

Ruleswise, does marneus carry a terminator- or power armor? From the look of the pic's I'd say terminator, but the old Marneus models are wearing power armor.

Can Marneus be bought separately or do I have to order the bits? Buying the whole command squad, while cool, does seem like a waste.

This problem also arises with the plastic terminators. They are bought in bundles of 5, and since I won't be using any more terminators any time soon, that also seems like a waste. Plastic is a lot easier to work with though, perhaps I can scavange one terminator from a friend or something.

I won't be using an obliterator model though. I'm quite happy with the smooth style I've managed on the claws and I think they are more fitting on a non-mutated speciemen.

Thanks for the replies, if you have more suggestions, please feel free to post them!

Archived