scythes of the emperer

c02

You'll need to resize the pic or turn it into a link as its currently far too big.

Also its hard to make out anything apart from the pose in that pic sadly

its a tyranid warrior scything talon spare bits i found last night started it this morningthe scythe shaft is a long car split pin

im also planning a dread carrying a large two handed scythe with a shaulder mounted assault cannon

I've seen many people try to convert scythes for marines and many turn out badly either with a handle thats too small or with an awful blade,........but yours has to be the best one I've seen.

The blade is just right, its the right length and the blade looks really cool.

Looking forward to seeing it finished

The pic is only 584 pixels wide. I thought the rule was 700 pixels or under?

Says 801x601px to me and it was originally throwing off the board :blink:

Creepy. Says 584 x 438 for me. Wonder how that's possible :blink:

Well, sorry for the confusion just wanted to make sure everyone was on the same page ;)

macro, tripod, no flash.. might help. Read up on the taking photos posts maybe. A new camera isn't going to help if you don't know the basics. Make sure you're getting the most from your current camera before you spend money on another.

Looks like a good pose so far though.

-Q- is spot on with that advice, I found out the hard way about lighting and flash settings and tripods. The grey plastic is rather shiny so it can mess up an otherwise good pic.

A tripod is great as it gets rid of the minute pulse and breathing shakyness that you get in the pic. It doesnt have to be expensive, even a cheap one will do the job.

Also try setting up the camera on the tripod, and then leaving the camera on a 10/15 second time delay, so that you take the pic without needing to press the button because your finger would shake the camera as you press the button and thus add blurriness.

Also if your a beginner try to take pics in daylight and against a solid background like a sheet of paper or something and take lots of pics try out the different settings for the best result.

Try that and have a browse around the B+C articles (here further down the page: http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?showtopic=65621) before getting a new camera, as you may find that the camera you have is more than adequate but just hasnt been used to its fullest before.

Pistol down is better but give it a slight twist from where it's at in the original pic. Think of the flow of each element compared to the overall figure and the nearby parts. To the side of the knee parallel to the leg is going to look better than perpendicular in front.

Congrats on the pictures though, amazing difference! I went through the same trouble when I first got a digital camera and thought it was junk. Good job!

ok baught some assault termies today so this project off for a while (termies are my hq squad along with termie chaplain so you could expect some scythes on these ill post some pics when i get somthing sorted)

thanks c02 :D

Archived