Fiery Lion Veteran

This is a piece I started working on pre-crash. I thought I had lost it, but apparently I had burned a back-up on a disk and had forgotten. Anyway, I really enjoy well thought out DIY chapters, especially ones where you can tell the creator really put his heart into the work. So I decided to create this piece for the Fiery Lions. Let me know what you think :blink:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/Cpt_Tiberius/Fiery_Lion_final1-lorez.jpg

This is one of those moments where I honestly can't tell if sarcasm is being used or not.

Not being sarcastic. Sorry if it's something really obvious, but I just can't place it. Only thing I can think of is the merlion symbol from Singapore, and that's probably not it.

Well. You recognise it because its the chapter symbol of a DIY chapter of a member on the BnC.

As for the picture itself, the colouring is excellent. I do have some minor gripes about the proportions on the shoulder pad. Though I struggle to get those the correct shape myself.

This is one of those moments where I honestly can't tell if sarcasm is being used or not.

Not being sarcastic. Sorry if it's something really obvious, but I just can't place it. Only thing I can think of is the merlion symbol from Singapore, and that's probably not it.

Im surprised someone else caught this one too... :lol:

Looks great though!

LOL... the gold on his backpack looks like true NMM
Thanks! Everthing I know about painting metal I learned from reading the WIPs on this board (especially Boltman :P ) Now if I can only get it to work on an actual model lol.

I do have some minor gripes about the proportions on the shoulder pad. Though I struggle to get those the correct shape myself.

I've been hearing this alot. I didn't really notice until people started pointing it out. The pauldrons are the toughest part as they are a much more complex shape than they seem at first glance especially when you throw in foreshortening and perspective.

amazing work if you want to try out a comp click on my sig. and go to the painting and artwork area
I would love to, but I am in the middle of helping set up another forum and it has me tied up at the moment. I'll keep an eye out and maybe I can hit your next comp. ;)

Sooo, have you got any other samples of you'r work?

I've posted a few pieces here before, just try searchy on the PC&A.

Most excellent; I'm both stunned and honoured!
I'm really happy that you liked it. ^_^

I feel that the background needs more attention, indistinct ruins maybe

I feel your right (especially since I've heard this from several others as well.

Thanks for the replies guys. Hopefully you will like the next one even better.

Archived