-Chaos Terminator-

kraegus

Hey guys, I finally got back into the hobby this past week, and got started on a terminator that's been bugging me for a long time.. chaos terminator, I'll probably make him Khorne, but I'll figure that out when I get to the shoulderpads.

as for the doodle on his leg, it fits the iconography of khorne because I say so =P

I haven't decided whether or not to give him the belt thing in the second pic, but you can see how i've started the knotwork on it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/kraegus/1f972361.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v42/kraegus/5c4f04b4.jpg

comments appreciated

-Kraegus

Tell me, how many different types of illegal drugs do you use to paint so well? xD Heroin? PCP? Coke? xD All mixed into one?

Your painting is fantastic, and it just keeps getting better, man. I would love to know what colors you used for the NMM gold. :3

Alpha

That is a very nice gold :(

Now, look me in the eye and try telling me that the tabard is not just a cheaply disguised trick, designed to show us how superior your freehand skills are :D

Oh, and what brush do you use for freehand like that? ^_^

okay,

the gold was painted using various mixtures of blood red, sunburst yellow, and vermin brown over a scorched brown base. I don't recall exactly what order I painted them because I had to do a lot of experimenting to try and get it right. Some of you may recall I was working on a legio B&C marine before the crash, and that was the only prior NMM experience I'd had. So I'm still working out how to get a formula for NMM.

The knotwork was done with a brush, and I'm thinking I won't include the tabard thing on the mini because like boltman says, it's not very chaosy, so I think i'll stick it on my other project.(it isn't a trick ahmato, I stuck it in there to see if it fit with the model :P )

the brush I use is a gold sable roun 3mm long brush. I don't recall the brand, but it's served me really well, got it from an art shop called the paint spot.

-Kraegus

I'm excited to see that you are back at it. I think it's looking great so far, though I agree the knot work seems a bit out of place, but that may change depending on what else you do with the piece.

okay, so here's the plan, because this guy's basically a practise piece, I want to experiment with a few things

I think I'll give him a banner, and a coat of arms, and basically make him look like a brettonian. The catch is that the heraldic icons will all be chaotic. So that's how the knot stuff all ties in.

Why am i doing this to a perfectly respectable khornate terminator? Because I want to see if I can mix the two concepts, (Khorne + traditional heraldry). The end result will mean a great amount of practise for when I tackle my next competition piece, an AotL marine. It also will be a good way to finally get some NMM done, maybe some SE-NMM, because I have little practise with the technique.

I want to stray away from the usual leering faces skulls and stereotypical "burning litanies of hate". It'll be fun to see if chaos can be interpreted as plain evil people who have an appreciation for ornate armour. I never understood why chaos always has to have warped gear, why can't some keep their taste for the aesthetics, even if they've lost their so-called 'goodness' .

Kraegus

had to add this before the next update (sorry for the back to back posts):

once upon a time in a thread long-past, a man shrouded in chaos and evil said

Now just imagine what you could accomplish if you were working for the Dark Gods too, Kraegus! Join me! Together we shall rule the Galaxy, one color at a time :D

Boltman

it was a small leap from good (red and gold) to evil (red and gold). ;) ;)

Archived