Grey Death Legion Landraider WIP

Doghouse

Hey guys!

Been a while since I last posted anything here at B&C so I figured I'd post my WIP Landraider that I'm currently painting for the Grey Death Legion (Yeah, I know coincidently that's an old battletech army or something ;) ).

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b141/Doghouse12/atank1.jpg

Don't think I'll get away with the Infiltrate trait for these guys do you? :P

I've shortened the hull length and added some big ol' sponsons for the las-cannons, I've also embedded the Heavy Bolters into the front of the hull. The logic is that I use this primarily as a tank hunter rather than transport in most games but also the las-cannon power sources are located in the sponsons allowing more room in the hull so I shortened the hull to represent this.

Another less noticible feature is a speaker fitted to the top of the hull so that the machine spirit can scream threats at their enemies as rampages across the battlefield! :P

Good job on the orange! I can never non-neon orange...

I like the conversion work on the tank, they're subtle, yet definately set the LR apart from the stock version.

Also, the Grey Death Legion were an Inner Sphere mercenary company. :P

Cheers,

Barret

Company? Dude, where have you been? They increased size over time, becoming two regiments with plans for a third before events resulted in them being branded enemies of the state and virtually wiped out. The only Carlyle left is the son, but he's serving in a Guards regiment and last I heard, hadn't been allowed to return to the Legion to help rebuild, so their chances of making a comeback are pretty slim...

I hope the Astartes version don't suffer the same fate... :rolleyes:

Hard to tell for sure from the pic:

Did you use pre-heresy LR sponsons, or scratch-built them?

I'd like to know the answer to this too.

BTW, why are they Grey Death, when they are predominantly Orange? On second thoughts Orange Death Legion sounds like an army thats had one too many Tango's :D

I thought it was because of Greyson Carlyle, but I could be wrong. And the Mechs are supposed to be Grey... Hmm, why are your Grey Death orange? Is there no real link apart from the name then?

The tank is cool. Looks similar to the Forgeworld Preheresy Landraider kit. Must have been hard work to shorten the hull. The embedded HB's are cool, but now their firing arc is even smaller. Which is what bothers me about the Land Raider, the fact that its main weapons have massive blind spots. Still love the LR though, how can you not?

Nice work there.

Archived