hobbycraft question

As said above - Hobby craft in Bristol has an entire range ( im off there tommorrow to pick up some needed plastic rods ) - and having been to quite a few hobbycraft stores - chances are yes they will

a train shop should do as well

I found some where that might in conventry - http://www.ukmodelshops.co.uk/counties/man...miscellany.html

If you use Ctrl + F and type in coventry it is down on that page

thanks,

L

Similar thread posted earlier this week, plasticard and plastic rods are stock items formodle railway enthusists, that's where I get my stuff, including nicely textured plasticard (brick effects and the such like..)

I'm in the States so my sources for where clearly won't help you but what I use probably can. My primary source of plasticard is plastic For Sale (or Beware of Dog or No Trespassing) signs. At our local Walmart or hardware store, these come in two sizes, 8.5" x 11" and a larger size 11" x 16" or something like that (I don't have any full sheets on hand at the moment to provide the actual measurement). The larger size is somewhat thicker and rather more stiff. Another source of plasticard that often gets overlooked is old gift cards, the little plastic money that looks like a credit card but is disposable after using it. This is much thicker that the signs and is great for using when you need smaller yet thicker pieces.

HobbyCraft in Reading does not sell the stuff, and when I asked about it they didn't even know what I was talking about...

I can confirm that :P I rang them up and asked about plasticard they hadn't even heard of the stuff (They even have a model railway section upstairs!) Closest thing they had was foam card and acetate sheets - mind you it sounded like I was talking to a muppet - so the info I got could be wrong :D

Finally got my plasticard this morning (thanks to the replies in my post earlier this week) from a model railway store.

Archived