Sister Einna of the Severed Hand

Luku

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/lukulucius/SisterEinna.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/lukulucius/SisterEinna2.jpg

Obviously the green stuff is unpainted, when done it shall look like a blood soaked bandage, other then that...nearly done...C&C?

:P Yeah, probably just for display...I'm thinking of giving it to my girlfriend as a gift... ;) :lol:

Nice Purple :)

I tried to give my GF a model once as a gift, she just looked at me weird and said; "Some Flower's would have been nice", but then I did brandish the Thornton's chocolate and all was well and good with the world ;)

Oh, and if she's not into 40k, don't expect her to pay attention to all the little intricities on the model (freehand) etc ;)

:P Yeah, probably just for display...I'm thinking of giving it to my girlfriend as a gift... :P :wub:

Nice Purple :)

I tried to give my GF a model once as a gift, she just looked at me weird and said; "Some Flower's would have been nice", but then I did brandish the Thornton's chocolate and all was well and good with the world ^_^

Oh, and if she's not into 40k, don't expect her to pay attention to all the little intricities on the model (freehand) etc ;)

***ya really eh??...they expect us to pay attention to all the details of their life when they are talking, we give em something to look at and they dont even notice...time for a little payback id say .... :devil:

as to the model, im not liking the blood soaked bandage idea...tooo...what is it...uhhh horror film-esque i guess i donno, i just dont like that idea

next, the base is boring, and a bit off, you got burnt looking ground but green grass, in symmetrical patches none the less, colour choices are alright, i would of liked a white or some brighter colour for her robe however

if im critical its because as im typing im thinking of what i want to do with that model, i just bought it(finally...) i want her too glow i think...i think thats going to be my goal with her, lighting effects, Torquemada was NMM and i learned what i did wrong, so now its lighting!

Starks

I should be okay....she wears an Imperial Aquilla around her neck every day (my first gift to her)

Mine wears a Tiffany necklace (my second gift to her), the thought of an Aquilia never occured to me :P

BTW, that cloak would really look good with some freehand in it, perhaps a great big <3 , ought to do the trick :devil:

"The blood of the saint brings life to the world"

Something I found and thought it would work on the base :wub:

In reference to the hand it's a kind of "I only have one hand and I can still kick your ass!"

(That and I lost the sword arm) :devil: ^_^

And for the colours, I've seen so many bright and holy looking saints I wanted to do something different, and I like purple :) :P

oh the purple looks fine its just that drab grey robe that bores me, its a fancy model it needs life, whether it be from brighter colours or detail or certain effects, it needs to have life(like...the Saint that won 2nd place? a while ago, i think jennifer haley painted it? but i always get the girl wrong...but ya, she did lighting on a dark model, looked gorgeous)

thats all i was saying, i dont mean you need to make it like everyone else :P

Starks

Great model lucius, i agree that the cloak should be more interesting than simple grey as it looks fairly boring from my perspective.

otherwise, great model! (and, as has been said many a time before, nice hair!)

Ben

Hmm...perhaps the cloak should be shinier...but I'm sticking to what I can do....plus when with my regular SoB she looks real nice as she's basically a reverse colour scheme

• 2 weeks later...

I must say that I like the grey cloak... sets off the purple well, I think. If you wanted to make it a bit more intricate, perhaps some silver scrollwork 'embroidered' around the edge? Not sure. But hey, after 40 thousand years, the Imperium's probably running a tad low on purty stuff :unsure:

I'm liking the gold, feathered left shoulderpad. But... what is this? *glances beneath Einna's feet* do I see... UN-SCRIPTURED PARCHMENT? HERESY! :lol: I have to agree that the base is a little plain, but with the inscription around the base you're planning, it should look fine. Plus, it compliments the slightly more subtle, less flamboyand feel of the model. I'd imagine she fits in well with your regular sisters...

Great work, Lucius, Probably been said to death, but her hair's great. Keep it up, man.

Deus-Imperator laurifer adversas Chaotica.

Flintlock

the purple is really nice, but I would suggest painting the robe in a different colour since it doesnt complement the purple very good.... I would suggest highlighting it all the way up to almost pure white so you notice the robe more... if you look at the model now the robe seems to melt into the purple instead of being a colour of its own...

keep it up! :unsure:

mvh: skillz

What is she holding? A bird? :D what's she gonna do with that? Throw it at her enemies? "I pronounce thee heretic" tosses bird at some mutants "Oh God Emperor! Not the tossed bird of doom!" Just messin around...but that is a real good paint job...i wish my ex was as kool about 40k as your g-friend is.... :)

Gorgeous model, but the frontal hair doesn't quite fit with the back - come on, SoB don't have mullets! =P

K'wha? <_<

The mullet, as in the front of her hair is much shorter than her hair at the back. Perhaps scultping a few locks of long hair sweeping past her fringe into the back of her hair would tie it together better. Although I have to say I do like the idea of the severed hand thing. Quite characterful.

Archived