What to use as Teleport Homers?

Are you sure you need to represent your teleport homers? Some tournaments don't include small items such as grenades and homers under the WYSIWYG rule, might be an idea to check with them if it's a problem.

Other than that, an auspex with some extra wires and maybe the end of the scope from the tactical marine accessories cut off to form a glowing button could work.

I use the auspex you get with the Tacticl Squads, to rep Teleport homer. As others have said ether keep it the way it is or add a few wire... I just keep mine the way it was since my Chaos IW lord (warsmith).

IP

I'd advise the Guard stuff... If you've got scouts, then maybe you could try the Catachan vox-caster/comm-links, and for the normal Marines or (however useless it often turns out to be) on Terminators the Cadian version.

Or you could just use the Cadian version for whatever, I've got a Scout sergeant with one in his hand. I'd post a reference to the pic, but my digital camera is, to say the least, rubbish.

I use the auspex you get with the Tacticl Squads, to rep Teleport homer. As others have said ether keep it the way it is or add a few wire... I just keep mine the way it was since my Chaos IW lord (warsmith).

IP

That was my idea also.... but it says in all wargear sections that it need to be WYSIWYG. so yes use the large thing in the box set.

i cut an auspix in half and added it to the dp arm.but am still trying to make it look a bit like the left arm of a predator(not the vehicle but the movie).

If you are going for WYSIWYG then why would you use an Auspex? Then you'd have to figure out what to use as an Auspex in your army and explain to your opponent what all your crossed around bitz mean :D At that point just tell them that your Sergeant's helmet is actually an Auspex :lol:

hmmm ya i supposed people might think they are auspexes...maybe i just wont model them, its not a definitie required MUST have, i just figured itd be neat

well thanks, ill try some of the guard combos see how its works out

PS not for scouts, only basic marines, i have no scouts in my list :)

Starks

Starks, a quick conversion to represent teleport homers is easy... just make sure to have helmeted sergeants and stick an antenna to it. The helmet has the 'homer' device built into it. If you have the time, just add a strip of sheet plastic around the back of the helmet to bulk it up a bit (double strip if you're using think sheet plastic) and stick the antenna to that with a small block of plastic for the antenna base housing, attached to the added bulked up section. easy peasey, cheap, and different enough that your opponent won't have a problem with it, most likely.

I use the t-port homer that comes with the Termies. I mount it on it's own base and place it up to 6" away from the sergeant when using it. No one has called me on this to date, and most like the extra bit on the table to show where the termies t-ported into the board. By outfitting ALL my vet-sgts with homers, and keeping a army list showing this fact with me, to show my opponent when asked, I have never had a question about it, or my use of the t-port homer.

Just a thought,

Rymeer

That was my idea also.... but it says in all wargear sections that it need to be WYSIWYG. so yes use the large thing in the box set.

With auspex, you know that can be use as a hand held version of a teleport homer, as why I said it & as why I use it for my own Lord. Everon dose not mind & know it is a teleport homer... also I have never been call up for WYSIWYG because I change the "auspex" abit, so it is more teleport.

Commen sence & telling the oppent before games really helps.

Starks333: As some said a few post back, adding some wire like a redio on his backpack would be cool as well. Just some thin 0.3mm or somthing, like this

(photo from the warseer Carnge event, also I fought this army that the GT heat 1) It the Raven Guard marine, squad in front (combat squad) first guy to the left. That what I mean with the wire

http://samroberts.fotopic.net/p27383924.html

IP

Archived