Squad Mortis

Heya all

Well for my first GD I had the great experience of having 3 out the 4 entries I entered make first cut and had one get a bronze and another ALMOST get a bronze.

I was lucky enough to have my friend Boltman along for most of the day to show me around and teach a few tricks :wacko: Through him I met Jeremie and the rest of the French crew, Angela Imrie and the Canadian GW Head Manager. Of course we had a great time and he divulged a lot of information about Jeremie and his painting seminars to me over breakfast and throughout the day, so that maybe next year I might see a brighter colour on my Demon :rolleyes:

All in all it was a great time, even though I am a bit disappointed with the results that the termies got, it just makes me want to try harder next year and that can never be a bad thing.

Okay enough of that, you want to see the pics so here they are. I will be posting these on CMON along with individual pics of the termies.

Front - http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb..._base_front.jpg

Rear - http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...n_base_rear.jpg

Hello again to all the great people I met at the GD!

Ja

@ Chronophage, as stated I will be posting individual pics of the termies on CMON

CMON is pretty busted these days, takes ages to load anything from there due to immense traffic... :lol:

At least for me that is. Guess they are sorta worth the wait tho. :D

Hey, haven't those silver marines been posted on this here forum as well, Pre-heresy Death Guard.

Intresting choises to come before your squad, maybe there were more conserned with "image" than just technique or something. The scoropions look nice, tho the pic is a bit overexposed by the looks of it(phot edit software?)...

Cheers

For those interested For those interested I am just sorting through the 200 pics I took now but here is a shot of the Gold and silver

Gold

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...01/DSCN0288.JPG

Silver - the marines directly behind my squad

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...01/DSCN0290.JPG

Are you kidding me? The squad behind you was done by a member here on B&C. I remember seeing their models.

Congrats on the Bronze, NR.

Alpha

For those interested For those interested I am just sorting through the 200 pics I took now but here is a shot of the Gold and silver

Gold

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...01/DSCN0288.JPG

Silver - the marines directly behind my squad

http://greenman.publicmine.com/gallery/alb...01/DSCN0290.JPG

Are you kidding me? The squad behind you was done by a member here on B&C. I remember seeing their models.

Congrats on the Bronze, NR.

Alpha

Aye, I remember seeing that sergeant somewhere...

Mind you, I don't particulary like those scorpions too much but... :P

Good job none the less.

Congrats on the bronze, although def think it should've at least been a silver, as I'm really not that impressed by the pastel scorpions, seem to be utilising that pastely (pastey) finish that seems popular at the moment.

lurked your thread quite a bit and saw these come together, and always had a thing for LOTD since they first made their appearance way back when. So maybe im a teeny bit biased.... but you have an awesome

sqad there

again congrats

Calamity

LOL! I would loved to have meet you in person and congratulate you! Well I can't say I wasn't disappointed but we all deserved a trophy, the fact that mine is bronze instead of gold or silver is fine since it gives me the drive to do a more stunning piece next year.

AS for why, well I am not trying to insult you or the gold demon winner, but it seemed that Pete was a bit rushed in the end and when I saw him judge the cabinet he seemed to just glance at my termies and put them on the third place without taking time to examine the details, which I beleive would have made a big difference. Also I still think the scorpions should have placed behind yours, thier base was nice, but the painting wasn't up to par, it was very rough. Still though I am happy to get a GD on my first time out, it really inspires me to keep going, mind you it didn't hurt that both Jeremie and Vince told me the the termies were the best in the group and should have won hands down. It's all good, hopefully we can meet next year :D

Ja

Oh no worries... I'm not insulted or anything. I should have placed 3rd or runner up. But then again, this isn't the first time they judges made a bad call.

I think the call might have something to do with black minis not showing well in dimly lit halls. This might partially explain why DV8 didn't place higher. It would also explain why those eldar did as well as they did.

You going to chicago by any chance?

Honestly, and no offence to anyone, I think your termies should have got gold hands down.

I also think that if you made them a better display stand (textured one to match the bases with some interesting terrain featurette), the squad would be a much bigger eye catcher and you got the well deserved gold.

The eldar are nice, but nothing special IMO. And their bases are quite weird...

Congrats to the brozne than!!! :D

Honestly, and no offence to anyone, I think your termies should have got gold hands down.

I also think that if you made them a better display stand (textured one to match the bases with some interesting terrain featurette), the squad would be a much bigger eye catcher and you got the well deserved gold.

The eldar are nice, but nothing special IMO. And their bases are quite weird...

Congrats to the brozne than!!! :D

Aye I can't see how those Eldar out placed either of the marine entries, maybe the photo doesn't show them well or something, but it's a bit bemusing otherwise.

Archived