cities of death painting

Hi

Stippling - under my imterpretation - is much like drybrushing but with circular motions and maybe a bit more paint on the brush :cry:

Im outside experimenting with spray paints at the mment on some terran - it is coming out very well - im chrging my camera up to show :)

Im using car paints in grey and black - with GW white primer - just building up layers of paint

thanks,

L

Please show us pics of this when you are finished. I have been looking at pictures from the battle of Stalingrad for inspiration. While the pics are all B&W, they clearly show a few important details. Prettymuch everything that would burn was consumed by fire very early in the fighting, leaving the stone, metal and concrete parts of structures behind but otherwise mostly hard rubble. Second, it was very dirty/durty from the ash and there was little if any vegetation at all (no static grass, etc). Bottom line, I see a lot of darker shaes of gray with some black soot marks from the fires. I'm very interested in your experiment.

Sorry i would have reported this back last night BUT i encountered a problem with it

As im using car paints they dont seem to let GW pot paint go on very well after wards - i did a few pieces so am running 'tests' on them with varnish etc.

This is a cake pillar sprayed up - the others are outside or with drying varnish on

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/lieutenant_L/DSCN1648.jpg

Im going to order some panels from the buildings to play with - as i think by using a masking fluid it could work

Also this is what the top part came out with

The left piece is without flash on my camera - right image has a flash on

Colour is most realistic in the left picture - while the right image is sharper in details

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v489/lieutenant_L/stone.jpg

All i used was an acrylic car gloss black - grey primer ( car acrylic ) - GW white primer

thanks,

L

You can use sponges to stipple paint to get a more realistic stone finish. Go to any home improvement store and ask about faux finishing techniques. Many places will have free info, but a good book shouldnt be that expensive either. But basicly do the technique but only smaller.

I've painted 15 buildings from the imperal city box set for a rouge trader tournement, and the best wy to do it, spary black,dry brush it up the next 2 or 3 layers (using a tank brush). the one that takes the most work is the cathedral with the skulls, for that use a base coat brust or just a bit larger for the main colors, can take about 2 hours+ if u have a board its on. 2+ hours for it to look good.

Im hoping to wash what stuff i have this weekend if i can find something big enough without having to use the kitchen sink and try and play around with putting the buildings together in the next week or so as i have the BIGGGGG box on layby (since im under the impression its on a limit release concept) and will be picking that up in a few weeks time.

Archived