first conversion

Like the title says I'm about to do my first conversion on a model yet, my project is going to be turning grey knight terminators into iron warrior termies and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about this?

Like the title says I'm about to do my first conversion on a model yet, my project is going to be turning grey knight terminators into iron warrior termies and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to go about this?

Well, I would say your biggest problem is: Your trying to convert a silver army, to a silver army, so they will pretty much look like Grey Knights regardless.

you're best bet is to make them a dark silver, and put some yellow/black hazard striping on the model somwhere, as well as Gold Trim.

This is a paint conversion, and requires no cutting work to be done.

-Legacy40k

sounds easy, altho I havn't got the models yet (should be arriving today) I would have thought the deamonhunters iconography would have been a problem, guess not then, thanks for your help

sounds easy, altho I havn't got the models yet (should be arriving today) I would have thought the deamonhunters iconography would have been a problem, guess not then, thanks for your help

Well, don't attach the shield that goes on the shoulder, and if you want, you can use greenstuff to cover up the shoulderpad with the iconography, but it will be harder than it sounds to get a smooth finish to it.

-Legacy40k

Well out of curiosity would the deamonhunters iconography fit into an iron warriors army painted up and left the way it is (with the yellow and black construction lines of corse)? before you go asking me do I think it fits well I have no idea, I have very little artistic flair really, just enough to paint my minis not enough to think of anything as detailed like a back story.

I would either cover the iconography and file it off it i were u. I have a grey knight army and have started an iron warrior army and I think it doesn't really fit. However that's entirely my opinion. I actually just converted some terminators myself. I used the idea from the GW catalog. It took quite a bit of work to assemble them, but i like them and recommend them. Now just gotta get em painted :lol: Also gotta finish their landraider. :D

well I have done a basic conversion with a grey knight terminator and there are several things i can suggest (also depends on your green stuff skills)

definitly removing the imperial iconagraphy.

1)You could fill in the words, because they are readable and say very imperial like things (just a thing for me)

-this requires quite abit of patience and unless done right maight look quite bad, but involves applying a thin strip or roll of gs and slowly working it over the wording, id recommend doing it with small amounts of gs at a time then filing and teasing excess gs away.

2)You could try sculpting on trims (this is quite difficult and i lacked the patience!) combined with filing to make them appear more chaos, being Iron warriors you could sculpt the 'techmarine' stlye trims instead.

3)Mould the hood-like thing that terminators have over their head but grey knights lack, this helps alot i feel but its definitly personal preference(this one I did quite successfully). It also allows for a spike rack or other suitably chaosy additions.

4)weapon swaps for axes and the sort, as the grey knight weapons are quite noble looking, ive also noted grey knight arms are kinda thin for attaching power fists, but to be honest i didnt investigate that too much so cant suggest much other then swap the arms for plastic termie ones or chaos ones, or even bulk em out abit.

5)You could add plasticard armor plating (helps cover any loyalist appearance)

Archived