Son's of corvinus

ok, thought you guys mite like to see these, [i tend to live on warseer as my main army is tau... ]

Anyway, sometime ago i had a very silly idea.. creat my own marines.. all multipart, all highly posable.. all very different!

for those that are bound to ask... yes those bits are what you think they are... no im not going to tell you how i did it and bad you for even asking in the first place as the mods look down apon such discussion, take such talk elsewere.. origional warrser thread is LINK REMOVED BY THE INQUISITION!

Why did people let me do this? i have created super marines!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/athamas/IMG_3340.jpg

yeah, so they are gona be a mite on the large side! -_-..... oh well.. scare the hell out of my opponant when my marines dwarf their troops.. probbaly a good idea i am only having drop pods as transports

here is my current Army list, part of the problem is also the blue tack spacing everything... superglue takes up alot less space!

i need to neated up the left hand lower leg [in the pic], as i had to extend it abit, as it was shorter than the other side...

the right hand thigh needs the cabling adding to the back of the knee joint.. and the waist/groin needs the right side finishing off like the left, and the bottom 'tail' flap needs to be added...

here is a close up of the wais and legs

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v126/athamas/IMG_3341.jpg

it looks really grainy, but its not.. blame the blue tack and my camera not focusing properly

then i think i may be finnished! then its a case of finding all the extra stuff i want to add and casting a few magics to replicate them all!

Fluff for the army is being worked on... and should be done soon, as i need to get it out of my head so i can put physics revision in there... ill post it somewhere here once its done...

++EDITED BY HEMAL - LINK TO WARSEER REMOVED++

Thing is, they are not actually any more powerful then normal marines. SO, they are still suspectible to be shot apart by a Lasgun, shot by a man half the size -_-

This is really a good start, though, I'd love to see a whole army. I've seen people do a squad or two, but never really an army...

as noted.. ill be using arcane magics to creat an army from this 1 guy!

the true scale thing was an accident.. it just happened as making all the joints lengthed the model somwewhat, and the torso was just made bigger as i wanted more armour on it.. and the rest followed on..

@Ahmato i know they die just te same, but will people remember that at first

Yes yes, you are going to cast millions of parts and make your army from that. Just as long as you don't talk about mold making or casting in general you'll be ok. You can stop talking about magics. Your posts will offcourse be evaluated by the mods depending on how you go about the subject, if it's seen as a "casting GW stuff rocks" thread, it might be shut down.

Cheers

Yes yes, you are going to cast millions of parts and make your army from that. Just as long as you don't talk about mold making or casting in general you'll be ok. You can stop talking about magics. Your posts will offcourse be evaluated by the mods depending on how you go about the subject, if it's seen as a "casting GW stuff rocks" thread, it might be shut down.

Cheers

Now, now Chronophague, I think you should have read the whole thread, before jumping to conclusions;

for those that are bound to ask... yes those bits are what you think they are... no im not going to tell you how i did it and bad you for even asking in the first place as the mods look down apon such discussion, take such talk elsewere.. origional warrser thread is

As long as he doesn't say how he does it, there should be no GW issues.

@ahmato

I think you SHOULD read some more... here's a quote from his Warseer thread

that is.. take the basics of a marine torso.. modify them.. cast them.. and make a marine force out of said force!

So, it's pretty clear, since he posted the link, people will know the second they read it. So maybe it's more you than me jumping to conculsions.

Cheers

@ahmato

I think you SHOULD read some more... here's a quote from his Warseer thread

that is.. take the basics of a marine torso.. modify them.. cast them.. and make a marine force out of said force!

So, it's pretty clear, since he posted the link, people will know the second they read it. So maybe it's more you than me jumping to conculsions.

Cheers

Fair enough, I take that back. This PC is refusing to open that thread, I'm just getting an error :wink:

Dragging this thread back On topic, Will you make suitably huge Drop Pods/Tanks? :devil:

@Hemal: your call.

@Chronophague: you are quoting something from a different forum, that only actually states what i am planning to do...

no info given.

and im going to say no more on the subject because if i was to, it would end up with me being banned for swearing etc...

@Chronophague: you are quoting something from a different forum, that only actually states what i am planning to do...

no info given.

and im going to say no more on the subject because if i was to, it would end up with me being banned for swearing etc...

Oh, your just planning to do it now. Right, that should cover it, good one. :)

Well, I look forward to seeing more of these "technique X" reproduced GW miniatures.

Cheers

yeah, was pointed out on warseer also..

i belive the problem lies in the bluetack stopping the legs from sitting as far into the greaves as they should..

shotening then should not be a problem but i need to finish them before ill know for sure

Archived