Converted Rebreathers Question UK WD318

While looking through the UK White Dwarf of June (318), I thought that the rebreathers (pictured at the top on page 30) converted by Darren Latham were exactly the kind of "accessory" I needed for my scouts. The question is: what or where are those masks from? I thought of the Space Marine bare head (from the tactical squad) with the holes in the rebreather but noticed it wasn't the right size. My best guess is that it is sculpted based on it and that i would have to sculpt my own. But if anyones knows of this bit or a similar one I would appreciate it if you told me about it. I had thought of using the rebreather of the Vindicare assassin as basis for my scouts but found the ones in the white dwarf quite good as well.

On the other hand I wasn't really a fan of the night goggles he used. I find them suitable on specific types of squad member, like snipers. I'm planning out the scouts for my Dark Angels and I want their entire faces to be covered as well. I personally don't like the whole bare head thing on a Space Marine, it gives me an idea of vulnerability. Apart from that I can admire the bare headed Space Marines painted by others, but its just not my thing.

Cheers,

Navus

@Khranagar: I tried before I posted, and it didn't come up with that thread (I probably used the wrong keywords). Closest was the helmet (I mentioned earlier) in "Space Marine Conversion bits" posted by Hemal (originally by Cyran, correct me if I'm wrong) pictured in the first column, fourth picture down. Which thread were you talking about then?

Navus

My bad, in haste of replying I hadn't seen the url... cheers.

Archived