custom decals

Ok I'm sure there's 1000000 people on here asking for custom decals (I'm one). What I was wondering is if someone could make a page template that any of us could slap in the art for our chapter badges and print. That way everyone can make their own decals without bogging down a few people with the know-how to make the page.

There was a group that did it - including shoe maker and tubal

However im finding that custom decal paper is inferior in quality to a GW decal - which might mean that you should try paper before using it - jsut to ensure you dont put effort into the imagery only to find the final decals dont work right

But a template would be sure nice - if i get time next week i could possibly make one - i know a good free image resizer as well - so if boxes were put onto a page of varying sizes then an image was resized to fit each box it could work

thanks,

L

One of the best decal page templates is: Windows Word (or another word processor). Just paste in the picture as many times as you want, in a few different sizes ;)

It's not the page that is the hard part (I use my own Paintshop Pro script to generate it actually) but getting an image with as good quality as possible. When I do sheets I redraw the icons in vector format which has the advantage of being scalable without loss of quality. That way you can have decals of different sizes without some being fuzzier than others.

However im finding that custom decal paper is inferior in quality to a GW decal

I disagree

You can make decals that are just as good as any commercial decal once you get the hang of it

If anything, they can be made a little thinner... more difficult to apply, but the results are usually better

Archived