Executioners Chapter WIP Mk II

I borrowed my friend's digital camera which is far better than mine. Here's the first 3 I've done.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/Asa...0K/DSCF0029.jpg

I know little about marines, so I don't know where squad numbers go (or the other details).

+++ Mod edit: oversized picure turned to link. +++

Well, it's a very effective looking urban camo... Only problem is it's a very effective camo, so it does actually obscure the edges of the models. One of the reason painting camo on miniatures is very hard, is you need to do it with out actually camouflaging your minis :lol:.

What striker said is very true. You've done an amazing job of hiding your marines, but too much to be eye candy, really. They're realistic, but sometimes the real world isn't as pretty as it could be. :o

Anyway, you might want to try some thicker blacklining to bring out the details...

I guess I don't really understand what you guys mean that the camo is "too effective".. AFAIK the Executioners aren't really camoflauged (no more than the Minotaurs, Brazen Claws, or any other multicolor marines). I did decide to skip the dots throughout their armor because it looked bad on the test mini.

What I meant is that it's an amazing camo job, because it hides the lines that define the shape of the space marine. It comes down to personal preferance, but on table top models, I prefer to be able to make out their shape from a distance, which is the goal of highlighting and shading.

I recommended doing some darker shading to bring out the contours and details amongst the came, but if you like them the way they are, they're your models!

Irregular blobs of colour is camouflage in my book. The images are rather dark which makes it harder to see the quality well, and nicer bases would be nice ;)

They do look pretty good so far though.

I agree, great camo job. Very clean. The only things are: The blacklining/shading people suggested and 2.) the green clashes with the blue/white in my opinion. I dunno, it just doesn't look right. Good job though.

Archived