A Mentor Legion Marine from a paint workshop

tagsta

hey guys. last week I visited a paint workshop in a local hobby store and came out with this:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y68/Tagsta/Warhammer40k/mentor.jpg

which base (jungle, cityfight etc.) would you suggest?

greetz tagsta

i think urban rubble would be a good grey contrast to your white armour - but everyone is going to be doing it now and also you have put mud splashes up the legs so you could have a marshland theme

You already have mud on his lower legs, so you are going to have to continue with that. That probably means a brown base of some description.

Well, the thing I thought of immediately when I saw the white paint on the base was a marine who just came in from the snow. You know, he's stomping his boots off (by charging at an enemy).

My suggestion is a temple floor partially covered with snow (like from the outside). Also, it gets muddy when it snows, hence the mud. I dunno if any of that made any sense....

Hey Tagsta,

nice paintjob...

over a period of time i've been watching your paint skills getting better and better on this forum

kudo's to you,its great to see :wub:

As for the base you could do a real down and dirty cityfight base...the ruined rubble & mud type from too

much enemy shelling on the city quarter your squads trying to stubbornly hold onto :blush:

mithril

over a period of time i've been watching your paint skills getting better and better on this forum

kudo's to you,its great to see :ph34r:

mithril

I dont see why he wouldnt be able to do a cityfight base :ph34r: What with all the rubble and dirt being kicked up, its bound to get on your armor sooner or later. I think it might be cool if you do a cityfight base and make it look like it just rained :( All you have to do is paint some muddy puddles and surround them with rubble. Better yet, you could pick up some water effects and make it look like real mud :D

-Kaldoth

Perhaps a jungle in a city base? :D

Kaldoth has a very nice idea there that would (now that i think about it) work well with combining the effects of a jungle into an urban city context.

Why do half my silly comments, always turn out to be viable ideas :ph34r:

Archived