Elusive Chappy Head

I've done a pretty extensive search of GW's online store looking for a chaplain head I've seen a couple times in the post your commander thread. I didn't think that it was a greenstuff head because I've seen it used by a few different posters. So does anyone know where this head comes from? Here's where I first saw it:

http://bolterandchainsword.com/index.php?s...ndpost&p=840396

Thank you!

If you want a similar but slightly different head, there's one that's exactly the same but with a bionic eye/enhanced optical thingy on the Chaos Vehicle sprue IIRC.

But yeah, my Chappie-in-progress uses the one from the Chaos Marine sprue.

No, but the first with a really stunning public paint job on it for sure. Back before Marines were overloaded with every scrap of paper they own, his was a simple, dynamic, characterful model.

As for marines and bling, each to his own.

Yep, didn't say it was good or bad :ph34r: I do wonder if the model would get the same kind of attention and admiration if it were just made and posted for the first time today (say anonymously so his name didn't bring anything to it). It's a great example of how much the 40k hobby has evolved over the past several years.

People call it the bushido helm

Makes me wonder where the name came from.

maybe you should read the rest of the thread... entire discusion, Guy named Bushido painted one like a skull, did a good job of it... yea... reading is your friend

--Edit, wrong damn quote... shoot me

He invented it you know. :wub:

Maybe not, but he was the first to use it on a really well painted chaplain

And it's a cool sounding name for it :P

Indeed he was. And since this question got raised a few weeks ago when I posted use of that very same helmet myself, I took the liberty of digging up that good ol' Chap of Bushido's for y'all. Here we go;

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/bushido/ChaplainComp.jpg

If Isaac is the one in Rorschach's post up there...

No it's not... it's the plastic Chaos Marine head.

Q's right, if you look at the close up of the red helmet that Azazal posted, there's a thin wire on the right side of the helmet that goes into the rebreather, that the Khârn helmet lacks.

Also, to quote from Bushido's pbase,

bushido 28-Jan-2004 02:54

That is indeed the plastic chaos helmet, and Legacy of Kain clan symbols.

Pretty self explanatory.

++EDIT ah, Q got there already EDIT++

Archived