How to Remove glue?

NoxI

I would like to know what methods you guys use to remove/unstick glue so that I can... rebuild some shoddily built models that I did when I was first starting out.

Thanks in advance!

brute force and a semi sharp stanley knife :drool: probably not the best way, tho

there are other ways involving "simple green" etc, but don't quote me on that. someone else would know more about chemical reations between solvents (nail polish remover etc and glue)

DM :drool:

Haha, yeah... I was hoping for more. I did hear from someone that if you put the models in the freezer, it makes it easier to break apart. I guess it makes sense, but how he figured that out, I don't know. :blink:

Thanks anyway.

--Edit--

Brookhurst eh? hmm, sounds cool, yet dangerous. I'll try to find it, thanks.

Not dangerous enough for me to stop using it ;) This thing is a life saver for army redoers like myself. :P

One thing that it can't to is remove heads. As it can't get unerneath it enough to debond it.

Artimis

P.S. My bro had some fun with an old dread. This thing is a nurgle players dream. :blink:

I did hear from someone that if you put the models in the freezer, it makes it easier to break apart.
apparently this is for superglue and plastics only (or is it superglue and resin?)

hope this has helped a little, but most likely made it worse :blink:

DM :P

Haha, thanks a lot you two for your advice. I'm going to get to it right now. Wish me luck, I'm going to need it if I am going to escape this experience with out a trip to the ER it sounds like. :blink:

Hopefully I can keep all of my braincells too, what with all the fumes and such.

Freezer works good(note i did not say well) from my experience, although it still requires brute force, albeit less, if you don't want to risk breaking stuff too bad then go with Artimis Vergadin's suggestion.

Archived