Chain Axes

The Chaos Terminator Chainaxe is 1.50GBP. There's also the Khorne Champion chainaxe, but that 'll cost you 2GBP.

The other option is to just model on the chainswords, and claim they're overpowered and thus use the same rules as chainaxes. Also, as long as you're clear about the matter, nobody in their right mind should complain.

Hi there,

I am a khorne general myself and started using my marines some time ago, two editions ago to be precise! Back then khorne marines were just as good off having a chainsword. With the new edition and the lack of chainaxes on the khorne sprue you might have difficulties equiping all marines with axes.

Lately i have been redoing my army and started giving allmost everyone axes (just leaving the odd sword in there for cool posing). I used the new chaos warrior, and beastmen sprues. These have a lot of cool looking axes and mases. Because I think that a khornate chainaxe does not always have to look like a chainaxe, if it looks heavy or blunt enough to cercumvent armor it is good for me.

If you also have that attitute then use the things I suggested, if not... If you really want chainaxes I suggest searching for some freinds who have a lot of spares. You could even try making them out of chainswords, enough bending or moddeling them on a pole would do the trick.

Hope this gave you ideas, post the army when you are finished!

Scion of the worldcrusher fraction

I think that only a very picky opponent would expect you to have all the troops armed with chainaxes, a mix shouldn't be a problem. I mean, a massive sword will work just as well as a massive axe, don't you think?

thanks for the suggestions, the main reason for me wanting the chain axes is because my gaming club is have an end of medusa 5 battle with large amounts of points and for this they are particular about a wysiwyg army

You could convert some:

plastic/brass rod for the axe hilt

bit of plastic for the main part of the axe

chainsword pointing down for the edge of the blade. I suggest that you remove a bit of the middle of the chainsword to shorten it.

Here is an example, not the best picture but you should get the idea

_

| |==###

| |==###

| |== | |Z

| |== | |Z

| |.....| |Z

| |.....| /Z

| |.....|/Z

| |

| |

Have Fun!

Archangelus

Dunno, I think as long as you'd use the normal Berserker box for your models, people shouldn't be able to claim you don't have chainaxes, and there shouldn't be a wysiwyg problem. You should ask the organizers of said event, before you spend cashola on your models. I for one don't really see the problem if you used the khornate chainswords and axes in your squad. They could all be armed with axes, and still not have khornate chainaxes and be wysiwyg... Sounds like nitpickin IMO.

Cheers

if you buy a box of zerkers and they complain that some don't have axes and dont let you use them, then tbh they aren't worth playing....

if the problem is that you have a lot of standard chaos marines who dont actually have any axes at all I might be able to understand a problem, i personally would allow it as long as there is some other suitable representation on the model, however small that representation might be, and/or that it was all explained before the game which squads have it

Sigh. Another example of a poorly named rule. Half of the Berzerkers are armed with chainswords, yet they decide to cal it Khornate Chainaxes. I realise why, it sounds better, but when the kit doesn't have enough axes to go around, a little line in the weapon entry would have done wonders.

I also wanted to mention that converting would probably save you money, but not time. I would definitely talk to the organisers, it seems like such a minor consideration.

This could help.

Searchy - Thread

I prefer being fully WYSIWYG myself though I agree with others it shouldn't always be required when bitz are hard to come by.

Anyway I use these for my Flesh Tearers Honor Guard...

$2.50

World Eater Champion Weapon Sprue 4

(9947010209308)

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...ze=b&Img=252582

$2.50

World Eater Champion Weapon Sprue 2

(9947010209306)

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...ze=b&Img=252580

Still pricey but for those that enjoy the modeling aspect it's a good option.

It shouldn't really be so hard to get some axes. If you know people who play any army that utilizes axes, you could try trading them for axes etc. You could paint all axes without sawblades, in some suitably demonic colour, and just say that they are chainaxes, since converting is still not forbidden I hope. Also, you could ask other chaos players, if they have left over chain axes. I took a quick look in my bitz box, and I have 10 chainaxes at least in the chaos bitz box. And one of my buddies has my other chaos bitz box, where there might be more. So I'd guess if you know any chaos player, they might have some extra axes.

Also, there was a chaos close combat weapons sprue in 2nd edition in plastic, which had a chainaxe on it(might've had 2).

Cheers

$2.50

World Eater Champion Weapon Sprue 4

(9947010209308)

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...ze=b&Img=252582

$2.50

World Eater Champion Weapon Sprue 2

(9947010209306)

http://store.us.games-workshop.com/storefr...ze=b&Img=252580

Still pricey but for those that enjoy the modeling aspect it's a good option.

You must have a load of plasma pistols lying around!

if you are running a squad of 8 for each troops choice... use 6 chainaxes and one chainsword... with the aspiring champion having something else all together.... thus chainaxes would be the majority and the berserker wielding the chainsword would be the first casualty from each of the squads.

No real problem.

or buy two berserker sets to make squads of eight!

thanks for the replys, I give it a talk over with the event supervisors and it should be fine, and I don't like in the UK unfortunatly Mortis, I live in australia, and as for borrowing other's chaos bits, I'm the only chaos player (and eldar accually) so no spare bits also been playing since the start of 4th so I had no idea about the fancy old sprues, I will be checking into that

I have a cheap suggestion, it will require rummaging around or sweet-talking a WHFB dwarf general, but worth it IMHO.

1) get your hands on a couple of old of WHFB dwarf axe sprues (from the first dwarf warrior plastic regiment). They are big and double-headed.

2) use a needle file to file teeth into the axe edges to make them serrated

3) buff out the middle part of the axes with plasticcard or GS to achieve that chainaxe look.

you could even stop after step two for good effect.

Cheers

Archived