Reviler Infantry

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/Full%20Tac.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/Tac%20-%20serg.jpg

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/Tactical%20-%20second%20half.jpg

Oh, and the Vet Serg for my still-being-worked-on Command Squad...

http://webpages.charter.net/grothauser/images/figs/caedmon.jpg

Nice, I'm not a fan, of the goblin green bases tho! really good minis, the board is kind of distracting, too mch green. The veteren well, the red helmet doesn't really fit. Maybe a conversion of a head with no helmet would suit it. Otherwise really cool. is that a custom chapter.... How'd ya paint the cloth on the vet. If u don't mind.

Nice, I'm not a fan, of the goblin green bases tho! really good minis, the board is kind of distracting, too mch green. The veteren well, the red helmet doesn't really fit. Maybe a conversion of a head with no helmet would suit it. Otherwise really cool. is that a custom chapter.... How'd ya paint the cloth on the vet. If u don't mind.

Cloth on Vet -- Love to say it was something really sneaky/tricky, but it's just good ole fashioned Snakebite Leather and Skull White mixed in various ratios and blended.

As for the Helm - Going for the Codex Marine red helmet for Sergeants thing. Suppose I could have replaced the head, but I was getting kinda tired of the Dremel at that point... (All the figs for my command Squad 'cept the Medic are Black Templars with all the little Templar Bits Dremel'd off).

Goblin Green Base... Any suggestions? Perhaps the brown on the "dirt"/gravel?

Very nice painting, pictures of the whole army would be great.

I like the bases although I agree that the green edges are kind of ugly even though they match the table. I'd make them black or brown. I like the red helmet on the sergeant.

Anyway, no, the Revilers are not a custom chapter, they're a Raven Guard successor chapter.

That's a really smooth paintjob with beautiful highlights. The eye lenses really pop out as well (in that they draw the eye)

I really like the flesh tones on the sergeant and the chapter badges. :)

How did you do the left shoulderpad for the veteran sergant?

All of them have a shoulderpad that I originally sculpted with GS and had a friend pewter cast for me.

very nice indeed, as others have said very smooth highlighting, what paints are you using? GW?
Yeah... The base is Codex Grey with Highlighting through Fortress Grey and up to Skull White on the very highlights. I must say though that based on feedback on this and other painting forums, I am experimenting with some Vallejo paints and so far really like the flow of them. I suspect the squad I do after my command squad will be an experiment to see if I can replace the Codex Grey with Vallejo colors.

Very nice painting, pictures of the whole army would be great.

Here's a Link: It's only 1250 points so far - I am adding a command squad for the Captain (Tough I can't figure out what I want on the banner yet :-( )

1250 Point Revilers Army

Here's a Link: It's only 1250 points so far - I am adding a command squad for the Captain (Tough I can't figure out what I want on the banner yet :-( )

1250 Point Revilers Army

Looks good,

The banner. How about a freehand of the frontal view of a skull with 2 crossed lightning bolts behind it (sort of like a skull & Crossbones design)

Sorry, but here is little misunderstanding. I meant left shoulderpad of commnad squad veteran sergant. The one with overplate...

Heh... Sorry. The fig started out as a Black Templar Sword Brethren. I took my dremel to the Templars Cross on that Shoulder Pad (and other places), but the overplate was there to begin with....

Wow! Just wow.

Who'd a thought that grey marines could be son interesting.

Keep it up!

Actually, if you'd post higher res photos I'd put them on my desktop :)

+1, just awesome !!!!!!

Archived