Iron Warriors, Angels Sanguine, or Lamenters

Well, I got a shiny new predator today, but Im not quite sure how I want to paint it. Its probably not going to be used for gaming, so I thought Id just make it a display piece. Im trying to choose between Iron Warriors, Angels Sanguine, or Lamenters. Ive always wanted to paint up an Iron Warrior tank, as I love Chaos and making things all spikey ;) However, I really like the Angels Sanguine paint scheme, but I havent ever tried to do a split scheme before, and I dont want to mess up the tank or have it look akward because the split isnt centered. Buuuuut, then again, I like the Lamenters fluff and scheme, but yellow is probably the hardest colour to paint EVER, and I could easily make a mistake I wont be able to fix. So, being the indecisive little person I am, Im making you all choose for me :tu: So, what do you all think I should go with? Iron Warriors, Angels Sanguine, or Lamenters?

-Kaldoth

Hehe, actually my dad gave it to me. Hes had it for years, and he needed to make some room in his hobby closet :tu: Anyway, I was thinking the same thing, but then again I dont want to ruin the model because I havent had enough painting yellow/a split scheme ;)

-Kaldoth

A gift makes much more sense, I was thinking of asking you to get me a pred or too then ;) . I can understand your caution now. Trying new schemes out is perhaps best reserved for single infantry minis I guess. I can't condone painting chaos, so I'd say go for the Angels. You say you really like the colour scheme, so that will motivate you to work on it well, and if you like the scheme itself, it will end up as a better display mini. Just use masking tape to get the split right. Thats my theory anyhow!

BL

Lamentors all the way!!1!

Since it wouldn't be for gaming-- Use it as a challenge to yourself. Experiment with freehand, weathering, battle damage, sculpting - just have at it. Then you can base it and use it as terrain when it's not on display. Besides, if you mess it up you can always chalk it up to experience. Well, good luck with the tank.

Lamentors all the way!!1!

Since it wouldn't be for gaming-- Use it as a challenge to yourself. Experiment with freehand, weathering, battle damage, sculpting - just have at it. Then you can base it and use it as terrain when it's not on display. Besides, if you mess it up you can always chalk it up to experience. Well, good luck with the tank.

Hehe, I suppose thats true. However, Im finally going back to the U.S. to visit my family on the 17th, and on the 30th there is a painting competition near my grandfathers house. He enters every year, and he said that if I had completed something by the time I came back, he would bring me with him and enter me into the beginners category :tu: So, if I do decide I want to enter the competition, I probably wont be experimenting on my predator too much.

Anyway, Ive ruled out the IWs. I forgot I ran out of silver paint yesterday, so I couldnt do an IW pred even if I wanted to :blush:

-Kaldoth

I say go for the Angels Sanguine, if you don't have too much time to mess around. I say this because although the split is tricky, just use masking tape (as Lysander said). Generally, because the tank has more flat space, it will be easier than a normal marine would. Also, Yellow over a huge area is really hard and would take many coats. Because it's over a large area, that would take a while, especially if you were unsure about the tone of yellow and how to paint it.

Angels Sanguine, the more experience you can get with split schemes the better, trust me, when you first start it's kinda hard to get the line straight, tape would help immensly,repeating what NoxI said, since it's a tank it's got lots of flat areas, great for the tape, and the areas it doesn't fit onto could always be done with a third colour

Iron Warriors offcourse, you get to paint it completely in metallics(good chanse to try out rust effects etc), and also paint on chevrons(oh the joy!). Also, you get a vehicle dedicated to the pursuit of truth and retribution, much unlike the the other 2 chapters of falsehood you suggested. ;)

Cheers

have you considered doing it world eaters?

then you could actually use it too.

I have, but I want to take a break from the WEs for a bit ;) Painting all of that red gets tiring after a while.

-Kaldoth

Archived